|53|

❄️

~Year 2091-Spring-

While Marc and I sit quietly next to one another, a sense of cordial aura has finally settled between the two of us. He's not as angry with me any longer, though as we both understand what's about to be told to Rose...

...it's obvious she's pregnant with Marc's pup, though when Dante mentioned to not only myself, but Marc as well that she'd have to abort the pregnancy...that's when his demeanor shifted greatly. He's not angry, he's sad...his eyes reflecting that same sadness as we couldn't have known that Aohdan had switched his tactics in sterilization.

Now I know for sure after what Kirsten said.

Tresor...it's all his plans...

...though, this child can't possibly be the one Kirsten was referring to, because Rose will have to give it up.

"Are you okay?" I whisper to him, knowing Rose is sitting silently in front of another empty chair. While I know Rose can't hear us, I do see her glance our way every now and then, the uneasiness seen in her eyes as to what's going on.

Marc responds silently, "I'm already heartbroken...though I know she's going to be devastated."

"She believed she'd never be able to have children...and now..." I shake my head slightly while whispering, "...I don't know."

Rose captures Marc's gaze how he quickly averts his eyes from hers, not wanting to give away anything until Niles explains. A few moments later, Niles comes through a branching door from the main room, carrying with him the images he holds in his hands...the scans when she was first assessed.

Briefly turning at the chair across from Rose, Niles walks toward the wall where he then clips three darkened images against the turned off back lightly. When he has finished this, a file remains in his hand where his eyes quickly fall away before landing on Marc and I. I see that look of sorrow, though hope lingering and perhaps if Rose has to lose this child, maybe we can plan something for the future.

When Niles' gaze falls away from the two of us, he walks toward the chair directly in front of Rose.

"Okay," Niles appears to be figuring out where to begin, settling into the chair and leaning his back against it. His eyes finally meet hers, though she can tell that Marc and I are watching them both silently. He parts his lips to speak, but nothing comes out. Instead, he shakes his head and sighs, "Let's start here," his eyes lock with hers, "do you know that you're pregnant?"

The process of her reaction goes through a few phases...

...first, she just remains staring blankly at him, processing what he's said to her. Next though, she begins to laugh like its the funniest thing she's heard while holding her stomach with her hand and wiping the tears that gathered in her eyes.

I think she realizes the silence around her remains, that she's the only one to find this funny. Though, I can't blame her...she's dealing and processing this as a sarcastic joke because of what she knows Aohdan has done to her...better yet...how Tresor deviated this action.

When she attempts to stop and reply, her words come out on another laugh saying, "You're joking."

"I'm a medical professional," Niles remains the same in the chair, "I don't joke about my patients' conditions Rose."

She then begins to change...the laughter leaving her while anger slowly rises in her tone the next time she speaks, "Seriously? Is this a continuation of fuck with Rose's head day?"

"Rose..." Marc's voice trails off, Niles raising his hand just as Marc starts to stand from his chair beside me. Instead of fighting and lashing out like Rose would have expected, he's calm now...Marc releases a deep breath before sitting back down, her brows furrowing at the curious sight. With what's about to be explained to her, he needs to keep his own calm otherwise he'll work Rose up more than she already is going to be.