Go

"Would you like to go out with me?" Her heart raced as her crush of a long time asked her this.

But she saw the look the woman gave when she poured her soul into those handsome eyes, the girl had stared at him the same way forever. And in the end, the butterflies and the fast heartbeats were not enough to power against the tranquility of being herself.  The girl knew that she was not truly what he wanted, he may not know this quite yet, and she also knew what he wanted and needed was standing next to him. The woman standing over there; holding her breath in waiting for the girl's response was what he needed.

"No, I'm sorry." The woman let out her breath.

The man, confused, asks her: "Why?"

"Because that woman over there, you can see her spirit in her eyes. That woman over there is strong, beautiful, intelligent, and wondrous. She can move you with a few words and make you feel like you're on cloud nine." The girl pauses for a moment, her words getting stuck as her eyes start to water. "And you're gonna need her, because she's stronger than me." 

"Do you know her?"

"Not yet, but I will hopefully soon."

His eye brow raises. "What makes you say that?" His voice slightly quivering. 

"Because she's my future self."