seven

"soonyoung, did you tell minghao that you don't know mandarin?"

soonyoung nervously swallowed at the question. he had forgotten that he talked to junhui in mandarin often.

"uh... no?" soonyoung tried, he just wanted to run away at the moment and go to his home where it was safe.

well, actually that seemed like a great idea right now, maybe he should do it.

"but w-"

he ducks, bolting out the door and running outside the building. his house isn't far enough for him to complain although he admits it isn't too close.

he distantly thinks that maybe his school should have better security of their students leaving campus, but right now he's thankful that they don't.

he has to run for what he'd like to guess is around thirty minutes until he gets to his house and he opens his door to meet his mother watching tv.

she quickly whips her head in his direction, "who- hoshi? what are you doing home?"

soonyoung tenses up, forgetting that he just ran away from his first class of the day.

"mom, i was just uh, here because- uh..."

"yeah, that's what i thought. running away from school now, huh? come and sit," his mother orders, he immediately obeys.

"why did you come home late last night?" she asks as she turns off the lights in the room and switches a lamp on.

"are you trying to intimidate me? mom, this isn't a police sta-"

"get to talking, soonyoung! why were you late?" she demands, with a tiny laugh.

soonyoung shakes his head, "i walked minghao to his house last night after i tutored him."

his mom points the lamp in his face and he shields his eyes with his hands, "what did you do at his home?"

"nothing, mom! i just walked him to the door and left, wonwoo picked me up while i was walking home."

"bummer," she deadpans, finally turning the lamp off.

"mom," soonyoung whines as he gets up from the couch and flips the light switch.

"is he at least handsome?"

"mom!"

"hoshi."

"... yes, he's very good looking."

"i knew it! you so like him," his mom shouts, he quickly shushes her.

"jihoon told me all about him and how you're madly in love with him."

"mom," he exclaims, then pauses for a while, "it's a secret, okay?"

his mother punches the air, "of course! now tell me why you suddenly came here when you're supposed to be in school, you delinquent."

soonyoung gives a nervous chuckle, "ah, about that... well, i was running away from junhui hyung."

soonyoung's mother straightens out, "what did he do to you?"

"well, it's actually my fault but-"

"what did you do to him?"

"uh, well i was tutoring minghao in korean you know, so he was gonna tutor me in mandarin," soonyoung starts, taking a breath.

"but don't you-"

"yes, i'm already fluent, but minghao seemed excited to teach me so i just pretended that i didn't know that much. junhui found out somehow and he asked me about it so i ran for my life. who knows what he would have done?"

soonyoung's mother bursts into laughter as she looks at her son.

"oh my, soonyoung, you really are so special. i don't think junhui would have done anything that bad to you."

"of course you don't, mom. you're not the one who knows junhui, and i believe he would hang my head on his wall if he had caught me," soonyoung assures, with a firm nod of his head.

soonyoung's phone vibrates in his pocket and he digs it out, it's a text message.

minghaodoitellyouhowifeel?
hi hyung, it's me, minghao. can we meet again today? there is some things i'd like to learn about, especially.

"well, who's that then?"

"it's minghao, he wants me to tutor him again today. can i, mom? please?"

"i- i can't remember that last time you begged me for something. this is a moment i can-"

"mom! please?"

she laughs, "fine, fine. but try to be home early. you can take my car since i don't have work today but if i see even a scratch, hoshi, a scratch! you'll never see the front seat again."

sure! :) same place?

soonyoung is buzzing with excitement, and trying to ignore his mother's taunting about how ridiculously happy he looks.

minghaodoitellyouhowifeel?
same place, thank you, hyung! ♡

"oh my god. oh my god he sent me a heart! mom he sent me a heart," soonyoung cries out, hugging his phone to his chest.

he flops to the floor with a wide smile and then decides he should email his teachers that he felt ill, or something of the sort.

"my soonyoung is already falling in love, how will i survive?" his mother pouts, "i'm telling your dad when he gets home. he needs to love me as much as you love that minghao."

soonyoung flushes and rolls his eyes, "mom, dad loves you way more than i love minghao. he watches dumb dramas with you and pretends to enjoy them. i don't know if i could ever do that for anyone."

"pretends?! he loves them, soonyoung. loves. them."

"sure he does, mom."

no problem, minghao-ah ♡

h

i this isn't that long but the next chapter will be! i'm so sorry it's been so long i've been having exams and i actually lost my phone on campus haha! so that was fun. thank you all for the support you give to speech, i always try my best to give quality updates :) ily all ♡♡