New York

It's Wednesday before we leave I called Amy.

"Hi Amy, John is so excited to see you this weekend.

"I can't wait I miss him so much."

"Maybe with Margaret and Shakur coming with us maybe we can talk."

"I guess so.  Let me know when you get in, I'll be waiting."

I started packing for me and John.  Friday we went to Margaret's house, left for the plane, boarded the plane, and fell asleep on the plane.  I got off the plane holding a sleeping John in my arms.  WOW!  as I spotted Amy in a red, white and blue sundress.  I tickled John "I see someone waiting for you."  When John saw Amy he wiggled out of my arms and ran to her yelling "Mommy." She went to her knees and caught him in her arms scooped him up with a big squeeze.  I just smiled at her as I walked up.  Margaret and Shakur were holding hands right behind me with a smile saying "Hi Amy" She waved to them.  "Hi Margaret and Shakur, Hi Ricky" Still holding John in her arms we walked out of the airport.

Standing in front of her iron gate "Ta Da, Welcome to my home away from home." Walked down four steps to her little patio, with two chairs and a table.  Opened another iron gate to a large wooden door. "It might not be much but it works." She opened the door.  "Here in the living room I have a pull-out couch or a recliner. John you have your own room plus bed.  Margaret and Shakur you can stay in the other room, use my bed if you want, I barely use it myself." Pausing for a minute.

"You want to rest or get food?"

"I want to play mommy."

"Sure John we can play."

Me, Margaret and Shakur sat at the table as John and Amy played on the floor in the living room.  I just wanted to watch her play with her son.  I don't even know how to act around her.

Shakur broke the silence

"Amy!"

"Yeah!" not even looking up.

"Any plans for your birthday weekend?"

"I have something for you mommy" John said with excitement.  He ran over to me asking "Daddy where's my present for mommy?" I just pointed to his bag.  He ran to it and shuffled around, came back stopping behind the couch. "Close your eyes mommy" She did, he stood right in front of her

"OPEN"

"AWWW, those are beautiful flowers John, Thank You" giving him a hug.

"I know just the spot for them" she put them on her fridge held up by the picture of him kissing Amy, I sent to her weeks ago.

"AH you got my kiss?"

"Every night sweetheart."

Tugging at my shirt, "Daddy I wonder if mommy got your kiss yet?" I blushed when I caught her brown eyes looking at me. She just smiled.

Shakur asked again "What are we doing this weekend Amy?"

"Charlie and Jeanie would like it if we came to the diner for dinner tonight to celebrate and meet all of you.  Tomorrow was thinking of going to The Statue of Liberty possibly check out the fire house if we aren't too tired. Then on Sunday just play in Central Park."