Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Idiotic Tom turns into Shakespeare

You wake up the next day. Still only in your tattered work clothes, you remember the horrific events that occurred last night. You started to cry. After a while, you wiped the tears from your eyes, notice a pair of shorts and a plain white shirt sitting on a chair. You come to the conclusion that Tom had put it there while you slept. You silently hoped he didn't blame himself for what happened.

You call your boss and explain to him that extreme personal issues made it impossible for you to come into work. You ask if you can just work from home on your lap top. He agreed. You didn't need to go back into that building until you wanted go. You slowly open your door and peek out. You see Tom in the kitchen making food, so you silently run into his bathroom and take a shower. After a while, you get out and put on the clothes Tom lent to you.You walked out and saw Tom. He looked nervous and a little scared. You shuffled toward him and gently touched his shoulder. He nearly jumped. You recoil and back up. He saw it was you. He gave you a soft smile and his eyes grew dim. Tom turned back to his food.

"Good morning." he said in a hoarse voice. You returned his greeting.

"Are you ok?" Tom nearly whispered.

"Yes.... Love." you purposefully added the 'love' to see how he reacted. He stopped messing with his food and his eyes rolled to the back of his head second. You bit your lip and raised your eyebrow.  

"I-I- I'm sorry..." you said nervously. He turned around as though to tell you off or say something awkward. Before he could do any of that you jumped in his arms and bawled. He seemed taken aback. He stretched an arm back to turn off the burner. You noticed his shoulder was sewn up. You only hug him tighter.  

"Thank you so much, Tom." you whisper, burying your face into his chest and you could smell his handsome musk. You smiled faintly. He held you in his strong arms. You never wanted him to let go. He bent down so that his face met yours. His big blue eyes were so beautiful.  

"You are the most beautiful women I had ever laid eyes on. You are funny, smart, interesting. And more. I am so glad I have met you." he told you.

"Please, please never forget that. Please." he pleaded, holding your hands tight in his. Your eyes filled with tears again. You jerked your hands out of his and placed them on his cheekbones. And you pull his head and kiss him. He pulled back a little. Then he picked you up and held you. Suddenly he pulled you off. You looked at him with confusion in your eyes. He sat down, looking out the window, silent.

"I'm sorry." he told you.  

"For?" you asked him, standing up and sitting near Tom. He stood again. You extended your arm and wanted to grab his hand. You decided not to.

"It's.... Nothing." he left you hanging, so you stood up with a determined look upon your face.

"It's something. It happened before last night. Tell me what's bothering you." you demanded him, poking at his chest with an extended finger. He ran his fingers through his hair. He sighed. Paced the floor for a while. He stopped and turned and turned to you when he saw your determined face.

"You remind me of someone," he said slowly. You turned your head slightly, narrowed your eyes and raised an eyebrow. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"A women.. That... I proposed to. She turned me down. You just... Have..." it seemed Tom was searching for the right words.  

"Hair..?" he tells you.  

"What?!" you yell.  

"You have the same hair colour and style as her!" he used such an idiotic excuse.

"Excuse me?" you gasped. Tom exasperated a sigh and walked away.  

"Don't... Don't.. Don't you dare walk away from me!" you say with tears in your eyes. He sharply turned around. He grit his teeth, then his jawbone seemed to get broader. He walked real close to you. Through gritted teeth, and his finger in your face, he murmured;

"This is my house." he licked his lips and swallowed.  

"You do not tell me what to do. You're hurt. I know that. That was my fault. Don't make me regret meeting yo-" you cut him off.

"Regret?" you repeated.

"REGRET?" you screamed, tears streaming down your burning red cheeks. You turned you back on him. You raced out the door. Tom chased after you.

"Wait… Wait!!" he yelled after you. You kept running.  

"Just fucking stop!" he screamed at you, running after you. You slide down the rail of the stairs. You burst out the door and ran to the only place to knew where to go. You ran to Reneè and her family.  

"Oh, hey, darling! You made it just in ti- what's wrong?" she asked urgently when she saw you crying. "Here, here child. Come upstairs with me, tell me what happaned." Reneè led you upstairs. Just then, Tom rushed in the door. He swallowed when he saw you in the arms of Reneè. You pushed her off of you and stood straight.  

"What do you want." it wasn't a question. It was a demand. He tried to put a hand on your face. You stepped back. He laughed nervously and looked down.  

"I didn't mean... Anything I told you." you folded your arms over your chest.Reneè grabbed your shoulder.

"Il ne te mérite pas, vous faire sentir de cette façon,*" Reneè whispered into your ear in her first language, hoping that Tom wouldn't understand.  

"Madame, je sais française.*" he stated to Reneè, in of course, French. Reneè looked at him sternly.  

"Just... Please..." he pleaded to you. You didn't know what to say. Reneè tugged your arm up the stairs again. Tom got down to his knees.  

"If the dull substance of my flesh were thought,
Injurious distance should not stop my way.
For then, despite of space, I would be brought
From limits far remote where thou dost stay.
No matter then although my foot did stand
Upon the farthest earth removed from thee.
For nimble thought can jump both sea and land
As soon as think the place where he would be.
But, ah, thought kills me, that I am not thought,
To leap large length of miles when thou art gone,
But that, so much of earth and water wrought,
I must attend times leisure with my moan,
Receiving naught by elements so slow
But heavy tears, badges of either's woe."

You recognised that sonnet as Shakespeare's. You stopped. Reneè stopped. Tears trickled down your face again. Passion burned like fire in his puppydog eyes. You looked at Reneè; she herself had tears in her eyes. She waved a hand as if shooing you away, then continued upstairs. You raced to him, hugging him tightly and he did the same. You cried into his neck. He picked you up again.

"Désolé de vous déranger.*" he said to the family in French. And he walked out the door. He carried you the five blocks home. Once he set you down at his door, he gazed into your eyes. You felt your cheeks turn red.

"I love it when you do that." he said, cupping one hand around your head, lightly sliding his thumb up and down your cheekbones.

"Do what?" you asked him.

"Blush like that. It's cute." he stated. Then his face got really close to yours. He looked at your lips. You blink slowly, feeling his hand on your face. You lean forward, but Tom tilted his head and trudged inside. You stood there for a second, biting your lips. Everything was so different now. Your whole life had been turned upside-down. You walked inside with him. You saw him standing there in front of you again. You were about to say something, before Tom grabbed you and kissed you hard. You were surprised so you automatically stepped back. His lips parted from yours. Then you stood on your tiptoes, wrapped your arms around Toms' neck and kissed him. Kissed him like you had never kissed anyone before. It was obvious that you forgave him. You felt as though you were the only women in the world.

____________________

Il ne te mérite pas, vous faire sentir de cette façon: he doesn't deserve you, making you feel this way
Madame, je sais française: ma'am, I know French
Désolé de vous déranger: I'm sorry for the bother.