This Interesting Ending

Chapter 23: And All That Jazz

Finally the performers began playing. You recognised it immediately. It was 'Got A Hold On Me' by The Miracles

"Oh lord knows my love for this song!" you shout. Tom looks at you stands. The way he looked at you was simply amazing. You could see the love, passion, and dedication in his eyes, burning. He hasn't had this look in his eyes since you had spent the night with him in his car. He held his hand out, and you took it. He nearly tossed you up in the air, grabbing you and pressing you against his body, swaying with the music.

You start to slow dance with him, people looking at you two, cheering and whispering 'aww'. You danced and danced and danced. Finally, the song 'Way You Look Tonight' had started right as the first brilliant firework had sparkled into the sky, creating a loud POP and twinkling lights. You jump slightly at the first loud crack and Tom held you tighter and giggled. You smile faintly, and kiss his nose lightly.

"You, my only love. You are an amazing women, with an amazing laugh and amazing talents. You are beautiful, kind, generous and just simply fantastic in all ways. Please believe me." the song had ended and Ben E. King's 'This Magic Moment' began and Tom had knelt down. Various gasps fleetes around the crowds, one coming from you.  

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow old with you, my true love. Will you, please, be Mrs. Hiddleston?" Tom opened a small red box, with a gleaming emerald ring, implying he had remembered a previous conversation about how you think that diamonds are boring and cliché, and of you were ever to be proposed to, you'd want it to be your birthstone. Tom was good at remembering important details like that.  

"Tom.." you whisper, smiling without control, and blushing so brightly.  

"My dear… I.." he said with a laugh. "I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I want to grow old with you. I love you, more than I had ever loves anyone else. Will you please, marry me?" Tom stared into your eyes, pleading for an answer.  

"Oh, Tom, of course!" you shout, kneeling down and hugging him tightly.  

"Aww, she's getting married!" a voice said from the crowd

"BEST FUCKING FOURTH OF JULY EVER, BRO." a male, drunken voice screamed. "Yeah, GET SOME, MAN." Tom laughed cutely and kissed you hard, standing up, dipping you the way he did when you and him after dancing with the street performers. That was it. Such a feeling of security, passion, love, dedication, romance, and friendship fled all over your body, and you shivered.  

"I love you, Tom." you whispered in his ear.

"I love you too." Tom picked you back up and kissed your cheek.  

Thomas William Hiddleston. The most remarkable, brilliant, romantic, lovely man in the world. He was your man. Forever. This interesting man.