First kidnapping

A knock on the door sounded and it opened. Obi turned to look at the messenger who stepped in, holding a letter in one hand. The man held it out for him and spoke.

"Master Obi, a letter just arrived for you from Prince Zen of Clarines. It is marked as urgent."

"From Zen?" Shirayuki questioned from the side. She looked curious, and Obi couldn't fault her. He took the letter and read it aloud for the both of them when the servant had left. The room was dark, but Obi could read the urgently scribbled words just fine.

"You can't go, it's not safe for you to attend. Mihaya discovered new information. Apparently the boy who is looking for you has a companion and they know you're here at this castle. Mihaya said they're coming for you." Obi was silent for a moment, contemplating if they were already in danger or not. His contemplation didn't take long, for the curtains suddenly flew up as the window was opened, wind blowing in at a steady breeze. The room got instantly colder. Shirayuki took a frightened step back and Obi placed himself before her, sticking out an arm to keep her behind him. \

On the banister stood a boy with long blond hair and pretty green eyes. He looked surprised, but then he smiled at them as if he hadn't expected them there. Obi knew it was a farce. The boy had known they were here.

"Shirayuki," the boy said. "Found you."

Both Shirayuki and Obi said at the same time; "No, it's the boy." The boy looked startled, but then he chuckled, eyes roaming the room curiously. He took a step inside and spoke.

"While I am in fact a boy, both of you stating the obvious at the same time is a bit creepy." Obi opened his jacket and quickly put the letter away, making sure to keep himself between Shirayuki and the boy.

"Who the hell are you?" he asked the kid.

"You're the one they call Kadzuki, right?" Shirayuki wondered from behind him, leaning sideways to look around Obi. The boy's eyes widened, as if he hadn't expected her to know his name. He certainly looked surprised to hear it.

"So you've heard of me, how flattering. Oh, I'd love to introduce myself now, but we have to go," he said, smiling again. Obi wanted to speak up, to tell him that Shirayuki wasn't going anywhere with the likes of him, but before he could, another man swung into the room from a rope and landed heavily on the floor. Obi instantly knew this guy was a fighter. His eyes widened and he turned to speak to Shirayuki.

"Get out of here!" he told her, blocking the man's first attack. They danced around each other, and Shirayuki looked shocked for a moment, before moving towards them a little.

"Obi!" she called, sounding extremely worried. Then she turned and shouted. "Someone help!" Suddenly, there was a jacket flung over her and wrapped around her. Shirayuki stumbled to the ground, and Kadzuki fastened the jacket around her. Obi saw it and tried to move their way, but a kick blocked him and he had to dodge it, just in time. Shirayuki angrily looked over her shoulder, glaring at the boy.

"Let go of me!" she demanded.

"Sorry, I need you to stay still," Kadzuki replied coolly. He had no intention of letting her go. Meanwhile, Obi and the other man were holding a battle of strength, trying to overpower each other.

"Are you some sort of special guard?" the man growled questioningly.

"Who knows," Obi growled back, pushing the man away. The man lost his balance for a moment and Obi tried to punch him, but he was blocked. "Move!" Obi shouted, but the man didn't.

"Help us!" Shirayuki shouted, but Kadzuki slapped a hand over her mouth to silence her quickly. Yet, he wasn't quick enough, because the door to the room opened again and Rona popped her head inside.

"Shirayuki?" she questioned, and then her eyes widened. Shirayuki shot a look at her, surprised. Obi looked at them for a moment, distracted by their sudden appearance, and the man took his chance. He slammed his hand into the back of Obi's neck and Obi careened forwards into the ground.

"Sorry about that," the man said as Obi fell.

"Yeah..." Obi managed. "I bet," he finished, and then he was out cold on the floor. Shirayuki looked frightened as the man left Obi's side and walked over to them.

"No, Obi, no," Shirayuki whispered. Then the man was there and he hefted her over his shoulder. He made his way to the window, and Kadzuki followed. Shirayuki was in shock, and afraid for her friend.

"Obi! Obi! Obi!" she shouted, hoping he would wake. He didn't. With her last call, the watch she had gotten from Zen slipped from her dress and fell to the floor. The glass shattered and Shirayuki looked at it with her mouth open, surprised, sad, and so much more. Kadzuki then held a little vial up to her nose, and Shirayuki breathed it in by mistake. She instantly fell unconscious.

"This can't be helped, you'll just be out for a little while," Kadzuki said, and then he and the other man disappeared through the window. Rona and Eugena, both shocked and scared, carefully made their way to Obi's prone form. Rona kneeled by his side and placed her hands on his back. She looked up at Eugena and tears leaked from her eyes.

"I don't know what to do, tell me what to do Eugena," she whispered. "Shirayuki is gone." Eugena kept standing for a moment, before running to the door and throwing it open, shouting into the hallway.

"Guards! Guards, help! Guards!"