Chapter 2: Unfamiliar View

I look out the door at the night. It's beautiful. As I take the step to go through the doorway, I notice the people walking around, the stars shining above me, the thousands of lights from the buildings near me and in the distance. Though the Star Destroyer looming above everything is unsettling, especially since I have never seen one in real life. I've seen holograms of these types of ships on my fathers hologram device, but the size of it completely startles me. Looking down at the ground again I start to walk around the buildings, taking in every inch of the foreign view.

...This is much more interesting than inside our home... I think to myself. The homes and businesses were of simple design and plain colours; white, grey and black. The buildings were short where I was and but could see that they become taller further into the city's centre, which is probably that large, dome shape building. That must be where the Empire's headquarters are. 

After a few minutes of walking around the city and being very careful to not run into my father, I come across a market, with stalls running down the road on either side. There are still a couple of stall vendors around, packing up from the long day of work. I smile and wave at them, they return the wave and give me a warm smile. Some of them are selling fruits, other food, clothes, new technological gadgets and much more.

As I'm about to walk off of the road I'm grabbed from behind. An arm wraps around my throat and another hand grabs my head, dragging me backwards. I try to fight against the attacker but it's no use. They're too strong. I start to yell out for help, but their hand is covering my mouth.