Chapter 1: Eggs On Baskets

* Lenny’s POV *

With my arms swinging, my lips curved into a huge smile, I walked down the stony path leading from our driveway to our house, getting all giddy about the upcoming tour Justice Crew was having. It has been a few months since we have released our last single and since then, we were put on a short break, which gave an advantage over the married guys of the group, getting to spend more time with our families.

Though touring meant I’d be away from my wife and kids for a whole month, I still thought of it as a positive, not because I wanted to be away from them, but because I’d make other people happy, and at the same time, provide for my family.

As I opened the front door, my eldest son greeted me with all smiles, possibly he has been waiting for me all morning as I had to cut our planned aquarium adventure, only because I was called to report for Justice Crew meeting. It was all sudden and I hated how I had to break the news towards all of them, especially when they were all really excited this morning, thinking we would be leaving early.

It has been a tradition in my family that we spend each weekend together, whether we would go and visit museums, theme parks, zoos, and aquariums or attend Sunday church, and then Sunday’s family lunch at my parents’ house and Sunday’s family dinner with Ava’s dad and stepmum.

“Can we still go to the aquarium, daddy?” Harley asked me as I ruffled his hair, nodding a ‘yes’. “Yay!” He cheered, dancing around and calling all his siblings, telling them about the great news.

“Sshh…” But my sweet little girl called Harley out, to stop yelling around as she pointed towards her little sister Kady, sleeping peacefully on the couch, while she watched her, mostly not to fall off. “She fell asleep waiting for you, daddy.” Lily informed me. “Are we going out soon?” She asked and confirmed as she jumped down of the couch and hugged me. “Thank you, daddy.”

“Daddy!” Jaylen, my other son called my attention as he came running down the hallway, greeting me. Hurriedly, he went up to me and asked me to carry him as his twin brother Javon, walked slowly, opposite, wiping his hands over his eyes as if he just woke up from his nap.

“Daddy, ice kweam” Javon told me as he patted one side of my leg. Placing Jaylen back on the ground, I greeted my other son with a hug.

“Have you guys eaten?” I asked, only because I didn’t want to them to have ice cream before each meal.

“Yes, but the twins didn’t eat.” Harley shared as Jaylen glared at him, and before they would get on another brotherly fight, I already took Harley out of the way as Jaylen’s more the aggressive type, always thinking that fighting solves everything. I’m not sure where he got that trait, but he needs to sit down and calm his farm.

“Lunch first, before ice cream, Javon.” I uttered in serious manner and evidently, he was saddened by it, but he just nodded his head, following daddy’s orders. He sat beside Lily and leaned his head over the arms of the couch, all calm as Jaylen was about to cry out his way for getting an ice cream.

“Jaylen, we talked about this remember? Do you want daddy to get mad at you?” I asked him, but remained quiet. “Harley’s just looking after you and doesn’t want you to get sick.” I explained, though he did some actions as if we were ganging up on him. “I promise, you will get ice cream after you eat lunch.”

If Ava had heard me right now, she’ll get proper mad at me for spoiling the kids. Getting everything they want as I bargained with them. Soon, Jaylen had calmed down and hugged Harley, proud of what was happening. I both gave them a kiss as I told them to get themselves ready as we were heading out.