Chapter 3: I'm A Jelly Bear

* Ava’s POV *

Who could have known that a simple question would haunt me down as if I was in a complicated situation? For the past hour, it was all that I have been stuck in my mind, watching the envelope from the dashboard of my car as if stopping it from leaving me.

“Mummy, you’ve been staring at that forever!” Harley chuckled, and it was the only time I had proper remembered I came out with one of the kids… in the car… with me. When I looked at the back, he was staring at me like I have gone mad.

We have arrived at my shop, obviously an hour ago, but I haven’t moved out of the car since then. Thankfully, Harley didn’t go cranky on me or I would have a bad headache right now.

Getting out of the car and into the store, Cece reacted the same way as Harley, giving me weird looks as if there was something wrong with me. Well, there was, but I didn’t think I would have been this stressed over it. Though I knew, Len might have felt the same way as well, especially I had just proper left the house without saying a thing.

Since being with Len, I think that has been my thing, leaving without a word. But thankfully, Len had mastered that up and leaves me having my own space when needed.

“What’s with you today? Another bun in the oven?” Cece teased and I was actually surprised she had thought I was pregnant yet again. Though I was, it wasn’t the whole point I was feeling all too slow and confused today. It was about that ticket to be with him for a whole month, only because I knew there were a lot of things to consider if we all go, and I didn’t want to distract him when he’s doing work.

“It’s not that. Justice Crew is going on another tour and is leaving soon.” I shared. Cece was more than just my assistant – she was a friend I knew I could count on and someone who is allowed to freely speak her mind around me – which I loved, only because it was different opinion from my best friends. Not that I didn’t want my best friends opinions or that it clashes what they have told me. It was just having that feeling people understands me.

Shoving the envelope in front of her, she took it as I nodded, which meant assuring her that it was fine to look at. She opened it as her eyes widen, already excited of what’s inside. “So I don’t get what’s the problem… if it was me, I’d say yes in a heartbeat!”

I’d say the same if it was me… five years ago.

Now it’s all too complicated, especially if we’re bringing all the kids with us. It would be too much work and I didn’t want to distract the group with running children all around the arena.

“So the kids stopping you?” Cece raised an eyebrow as she followed me around the shop, helping me to fill the shelves with new products. “I’m sure Len have thought of that too.” She actually made sense. I knew Len wouldn’t even bother if he knew the issue so I guess this would be put under family time for all of us. I mean Len needs our support and if we need to all be there for him, then we all would go.

“You’re right. Maybe Len had already thought of this and thinks it would be okay.” Come to think of it, our kids are not hard-headed and they actually follow what Len and I say so it wouldn’t be a problem at all. I sighed, “thank you” as I moved on and get all the papers that needed to be signed.

Opening the door to my office, I sat on my chair as I reviewed and signed invoices for the upcoming delivery as Harley was busy on his own desk across from mine, coloring a book.

The door flew open once again as I found Cece standing on the door frame with her arms crossed, watching me with curious eyes. It was then I realised how weird it felt having people stare at you, like how I watch the kids as the thought popped in my head.