Chapter 2: We Call It The FamBarn

* Len’s POV *

Since finding out what the eggs on baskets were, I’ve been trying to ask Ava questions while we hang out with the whole family, poking her at the sides as she squealed, getting away the next second or trying to use our kids to block her way. It has been going on the entire afternoon as she continued to zip her mouth closed; telling me there’s nothing more to say.

But I wanted details and knowing me, my curiosity wouldn’t stop until it has been fed with the needed information.

“Harley…” I called out as he came running towards me. I carried him like in my arms like the little baby he was before and he didn’t mind being carried at age seven. “Do you know anything mummy’s hiding?” I asked, but he shook his head and smiled as if he knew something. Before he could say anything, he squirmed underneath my touch and ran towards Ava, protecting her.

Great, and as I thought my first born would be on my side like I expected. However, he had teamed up with the tease, who was currently putting out her tongue at me. She proper stopped when the twins followed her gesture as my eyes narrowed. Throwing out a peace sign, she ran out of my sight, taking Javon in her arms as she went away.

“I’m going to get you, Ava.” I uttered, challenging myself with a smirk planted on my face. Ava shook her head no, with a huge smile on her face as she ran. It was like the first time meeting her at a park when she was Harley’s age years ago and now we’re together with our own set of kids.

“Just try.” She countered as she went around the place, avoiding getting near me. She had the sweetest laugh sounding off as Kady watched how her mother run around like a kid herself and I knew I was just too lucky to have all of them.

Once I had given up, I called Ava and Javon back towards the group as we trudged our way around the aquarium, looking at the different fish and animals. The kids love family time and I was watching how they were all interacting with each other. I’m going to miss them so much when I leave for a whole month.

“They’re going to miss you too, babe.” Ava uttered as her hand rubbed my back as if soothing me while I watch Harley and Lily assisting the twins, holding their hands as they watch the animals swim in the water. Kady was sitting on her stroller, being quiet the usual. “And I will too…” She pouted.

Ava always supported me, but I guess it was more painful right now, seeing I have been home for a few months and then now when everyone’s used to me being home, I break the news to them I was leaving for work. The kids hated it and it breaks my heart hearing them cry out their feelings when I leave the house, even if I was just going for the day. So what more if I was out a month?

Just as Ava and I were cuddling while watching them having fun, one of our kids turned around as he looked towards us, and in just a few seconds, Javon fell on the ground.

“Javon!” We both called out as I hurriedly came to his side, carrying him in my arms. He was smoking hot, literally as I fanned him, giving him more air. “Wake up, baby.” I uttered as Ava kissed his forehead. Harley handed me one of the water bottles as we tried to give him some water.

Our family day out was cut short as we ran outside of the place and immediately left the area, rushing him to the ER. It was fortunate we got him on time and he was given the urgent medication he needed as the kids waited in the hospital’s daycare with Grumpy and Nan. Ava was still in shocked mode as we waited for Javon to wake up, blaming herself for not seeing symptoms that he wasn’t feeling well this morning, instead of locking herself up in the room, playing with her new toy.

“It’s not your fault, babe.” I assured her, kissing the top of her head. “Javon’s going to be fine, don’t worry about it.” Though I think my words didn’t help at all seeing now my girl was in tears. She always cried whenever one of them was hurt, telling me that she couldn’t help but feel sad, knowing they were hurt too.