Chapter 4: Sprinkled With Love

* Lenny’s POV *

“Daddy, is mummy leaving again?” Harley asked me as we were driving home from Woolies, last minute shopping, before starting off the tour. Ava gave me a list to buy, things mostly the kids would need, not that the other parts of Australia didn’t have them, but it was always good to be ready.

Meeting his eyes from the rear view mirror, he looked straight towards me, waiting for answers. “No sweetheart, mummy, you, and your siblings are going on a tour with daddy.” Maybe he was asking because he has seen Ava working on the suitcases, packing up stuff lately.

Once hearing my explanations, Harley smiled so wide as if he was already excited and couldn’t wait any longer. Though I’m not going to lie, it saddened me knowing Harley thought Ava was leaving again. I would never want Harley to experience that, or any of my kids for that matter. It broke my heart, and for sure their hearts would crush too.

“Harley, mummy wouldn’t leave us again. I promise.” I assured him and he just replied with the sweetest smile ever – one I know would be a sure shot panty dropper when he gets older, just like his dad.

As soon as we got home, we found Ava, Lily, the twins, and Kady in the kitchen, making a mess. Flour was sprinkled in every piece of furniture and décor, even the floor was covered with ingredients they were using.

“What are you guys doing?” I chuckled, especially when Jaylen covered Harley in a matter of minutes with flour.

Harley cried daddy as soon as it landed on him, pouting about it. “Daddy, it’s not funny!” He told me, and next thing I knew, Ava had sprinkled flour on my head too.

“I got your back, baby.” Ava winked towards Harley as I groaned.

“You’re supposed to have mine.” Now it was my turn to pout.

“It would be, if you clean up the kids while I put these in the oven.” Ava proposed as I rolled my eyes, but soon, nodding my head, picking up the twins in my arms.

“I’ll come back for Lily and Kady.”

However, I was proper surprised when Lily shook her head no. “No daddy, you’re a boy.”

So now I’m out of her life? “What? I always clean you up and you never complain. What changed?” Ava was laughing as if she already has an idea of what was going on.

 “But daddy, I’m big now. I can clean up myself.” Will someone please tell me I heard that wrong? She was kidding, right? My five year old daughter is such a joker.

Ava laughed hearing Lily’s excuse, while cleaning up Harley behind Lily. When I called her attention, she obviously denied my thoughts and continued on cleaning Harley’s face as if she didn’t do anything. “Go change your shirt, Harley.” She uttered as Harley nodded his head, hopping his way towards the hallway that led to the bedrooms. Lily followed after her brother as I ended up bringing the twins toward the sink and clean them up.

“I know what you were laughing about earlier. Stop denying things, Ava.” I uttered, while wiping off Javon’s face. By now, Ava was trying her hardest to ignore me and to stop laughing, but I knew with one look, she would just drown me with laughter. “She’s not supposed to be acting like a grown up now.” I complained, mimicking the kids when someone was throwing a tantrum. Though, I was told to stop by my queen, giving me disapproval looks.

“Here, taste the cookie.” Ava told me, more like dumping the whole cookie into my mouth, just to shut me up. “Do you think we have enough for the plane ride?” She asked. Our kids love cookies and family bonding. Even if it would create more mess, we still prefer baking at home.