Thranduil POV

I stood on the balcony of my study, looking out over the kingdom. I turned my head slightly when I heard the familiar voice of my son.

"I didn't get it! Again! What am I doing wrong?"

"Calm down, Legolas. Show me your position again and I'll see if I can figure it out, okay?"

"Okay."

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Who was Legolas talking to? Curious, I walked out of the room. I listened for my son's voice and followed it, soon finding myself on another balcony that overlooked part of the garden. I stared at the sight before me. Legolas was standing beside a bench where an elleth sat. A target was set up across from them with a few arrows on the ground close by. In Legolas's hands was a bow.

"Your hand is too tight here, pîn lass (little leaf)," the elleth said. "Loosen your grip a little. Not only try and relax your hand, but try to relax your whole body." Legolas did so and his entire posture seemed to change. "Very good! Now, pull back your right arm so your thumb is at the corner of your mouth."

Legolas did as he was told. The elleth nodded and made small adjustments to his posture. Once she was done, she smiled.

"That's it. Now, take aim at the target. Keep your eyes on it and never let it out of your sight. When you're ready, release the bowstring."

Legolas held still for several moments before releasing the arrow. My eyes widened when I saw the arrow land close to the center of the target. Legolas's face broke into a wide smile.

"I did it!" he cheered. "Did you see that, (y/n)? I did it! I did it!"

"You sure did! Amazing job, pîn lass (little leaf)!"

Legolas wrapped his arms around the elleth. I almost thought he would crush her by how hard he was hugging her.

"Thank you, (y/n)!"

"You are very welcome, Legolas. I'm more than happy to help."

So this is (y/n), I thought with a very small smile. And teaching Legolas how to use a bow and arrow.

"Can you shoot something for me?" my son asked her.

"I guess I can." She picked up a bow that sat beside her. Legolas handed her an arrow, making her smile. "Thank you. Now, what do you want me to shoot?"

Legolas looked around, searching for a target. Suddenly, his face brightened.

"I know! Do you see that tree with the pine cone close to the top?"

"The one to the left?"

I followed their gazes and spotted the pine cone they were talking about. It was extremely high up in the tree, almost impossible to reach.

"Yeah. Try and shoot the pine cone down."

(y/n) nodded and notched her arrow. She raised the bow, pulling back the string and remaining seated. Her left hand touched the corner of her mouth. I could see all the tension flee from her body and a faint smile spread onto her face. After a moment, she released the string, sending the arrow flying through the air. My eyes followed the arrow as it soared, widening when it hit its target. The pine cone snapped off the branch and fell to the ground.

"You did it!" Legolas cried. "That was amazing!"

"Thank you, Legolas."

I smiled lightly to myself before leaving the balcony.