(y/n) POV

I laughed as Legolas hugged me tightly.

"I can't believe you hit that pine cone!" he exclaimed. "It was so far!"

"It helps with hundreds of years of experience," I replied with a chuckle.

"Will I be that good, (y/n)?"

"Even better." His smile widened. "Now, do you want to get started again?"

He nodded quickly and picked up another arrow. I watched him carefully, smiling as he notched the arrow and aimed at the target. He relaxed and after a moment, set the arrow loose. His eyes brightened when the arrow landed in the center of the target. He quickly picked up another arrow and notched it. He focused, keeping his eyes trained on the target. I glanced between him and the target, waiting for him to shoot. When he finally did, I smiled widely. The arrow flew through the air and spilt the other right down the middle, hitting the center once more.

Legolas's smile only grew, his eyes shining like stars.

"Yay!" he cheered. "I did it!"

"Amazing job, pîn lass (little leaf)!" I said. "You did amazing!"

The prince wrapped his arms around me. I laughed and hugged him back. I let go of Legolas a little when I heard someone clapping. My eyes widened in surprise and I released the elfling.

"King Thranduil," I said, putting my hand on my chest, then extending it towards him.

"Ada!" Legolas cried happily. He ran to his father. "Did you see what I did?!"

The king knelt down before his son, a smile slowly finding its way onto his face.

"Yes, Legolas," he said. "I saw. You did an amazing job."

I could see Legolas's body swell with pride while he smiled from ear to ear. Thranduil glanced towards me, giving me a smile as well. I smiled back at him. The king looked at his son.

"Would you introduce me to your friend, Legolas?" he asked.

Legolas smiled even wider I thought his face was going to split. He took his father's hand and led him over to where I sat. I felt slightly unsure about this since I could not stand, but I did my best not to seem overwhelmed.

"(y/n)," Legolas said, "this is my ada. Ada, this is (y/n)."

The elven king nodded towards me, placing a hand on his chest then extending it towards me.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you, (y/n)," he said. "Legolas has told me much about you. Though, he did not tell me you were teaching him to use a bow."

"I apologize, my king," I said, bowing my head. "I can stop if you so wish."

"There is no need." I looked up at him. "I was thinking about having him start training soon. It just seems as though you helped me with my decision."

"Then I am glad I could be of some service to you, my king."

"Please, call me Thranduil." I nodded. "Legolas, you seem to be running out of arrows. Why don't you go collect the ones you've already shot?"

"Ok!" the prince said before hurrying away.

I chuckled as he scurried around.

"He is quite energetic," I commented.

"That he is," Thranduil agreed. "May I?" I glanced at him to see that he was motioning to the bench. I nodded and shifted to my left so he had room. The king sat down beside me. "You are Haldir's sister, are you not?"

"I am."

"Lady Galadriel has told me that you were a warrior."

I stiffened slightly, but quickly masked it.

"Indeed I was."

"What made you decide to step down from that mantle?"

"It is something that I wish not to speak of," I said gently with a sigh.

"It is hard to speak of?"

"Some days, yes."

"My apologizes. I did not know."

"It is alright."

Legolas came back towards us, ready to continue shooting. Thranduil and I encouraged him to do so, giving him small tips here and there to help him improve. Soon, the sun had moved lower in the sky. Thranduil rose to his feet.

"It is nearly dusk," he said. "I should get Legolas inside."

I nodded in acknowledgement. The prince came and hugged me.

"I'll see you tomorrow, (y/n)!" he said.

"Until tomorrow, pîn lass (little leaf)."

I nodded to Thranduil as Legolas went to his father's side. The king appeared to think for a moment before looking back at me.

"Tomorrow evening I am hosting the visitors of Lothlorien for dinner," he said. "We would be most happy if you were to join us."

I smiled.

"I would be honored, Thranduil. I shall see you then."

He nodded to me before leading Legolas out of the garden.