Chapter 1

Katie walked down the stairs of her house she looked at her mom and smiled naturally her mom smiled back.

"Good morning mom." Katie waved.

"Morning hun are you sure you want to do this." Her mom pleaded.

Katie had been diagnosed with cancer after she found a bump on her back that was growing when she was 11. The doctors tested it and declared it to be a cancerous tumour. She had been extra careful ever since and even went out of public school, until grade 10. When she made a decision to go into high school.

"Yes mom I want to make friends I don't want to be stuck in a hospital bed my whole life." She stated.

"Okay remember to take your medication at lunch. If you are feeling sick go to the principals office and will take you home." Her mom rambled.

"Yes mom can I eat now?" She pleaded tired of hearing the same information over and over again.

"Alright."

Katie walked over to the kitchen and grabbed her toast she remembered the diagnosis of the condition.

~flash back~

Katie sat in the Hospital room she watched the water drip into her IV in complete boredom she hated this. She heard the door open and watched the doctor come in.

"Katie I looked at your charts and it appears you have cancer." The doctor spoke.

Her mom sobbed in the news of her daughters fate.

"It's not just the tumour that had it though. It spread to your breasts but the good news is we can get surgery to help." The doctor smiled.

~end of flashback~

Luckily she was able to get rid of the lung cancer but the cancer returned and now it's tumour in her chest her but she is on chemo right now to shrink it before they can take it out.

"Katie time for school sweetheart." Her mom called out from the living room.

"Yes mom she yelled back as she grabbed her lunch box, stuffed it in her backpack and quickly left the house. She met up with her mom in the car and drove to school.

Katie didn't really like being the new kid though she was a bit late since it was January and that was because she had to be in the hospital for some serious infection of her bladder. She touched her head and frowned in the car she hated not having hair and wearing a wig but she hated being bald more her head just looked so big.

"Sweetie your wig looks natural on you no one will know." Her mom smiled.

Katie then saw the flowers on the side of the road her heart sank to her feet.

"Mom why are we here!" Pidge panicked. "You know I hate this road."

~more flashbacks sorry~

13 year old Katie was in the back of her families car she was having Pokémon battle with Matt her older brother and she was currently loosing she cursed as she saw she only had one more Pokémon left went her mom and dad screamed Matt who was on the right side of the car much like his father got hit straight on by a car driven by drunk driver.

Katie woke up in the hospital she frowned she hates hospitals. Then she remembered the crash she shot straight up and looked around she seemed to only have cuts, bruises and a broken arm she looked over to her mom who was crying.

"Mom?" she asked.

"Their dead Katie, Matt and your Father are dead." She sobbed.