Chapter 2

Pidge was coughing up a storm in her room she had woken up with her throat hurting. Luckily it was a weekend, so she wasn't missing school. had been 5 days since her first day of school and Shiro and Lance had been coming over every day after school to meet up with her Mom. Her mom had been so happy that Shiro visited for the first time since the accident. Right now Lance was at pidges house comforting the sick girl.

"Pidge are you sure you're okay." Lance worried he hated that she is sick.

Pidge simply nodded her head in response.

He looked at her pale face he blushed he never realized how beautiful she is.

"What's wrong." She moaned.

"Oh nothing." He replied snapping back into reality.

"Okay suite yourself." She shrugged she got out of bed but fell as soon as she put weight on her feet.

"Be careful." He spoke as he caught her.

"Sorry." She blushed.

Lance pulled her up and picked her up and carried her bridal style down the stairs while she was almost passing out but she needed to eat not sleep at the moment.

"Lance I want to sleep." she complained.

"Too bad so sad." He smiled.

"Fine." She pouted.

They continued to walk down stair Lance made sure to keep her awake.

Colleen saw the state her daughter was in and gasped looking at he sickly body.

"Is this what a simple cold does to her." Lance panicked.

Colleen nodded tears coming down her eyes she never liked seeing her daughter in so much pain usually Sam was the brave one to be with her during the hard times, but he was no longer here.

"Mom."

"We are taking you to the hospital." she looked at the sickly girl.

"NO!" she tried to scream, but she started to cough and threw up on herself still in lances arms her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she past out.

"Katie." Colleen cried. "Lance can you please come she might be more comfortable with you here but first we have to make oatmeal and get a bucket.

"Yes ma'am." he replied.

"Just call me Colleen."

They packed their things and put the sleeping Pidge into the car and drove to the hospital.

They rushed into the Hospital they did the signing in and as they expected Pidge was the first one to be called which made them panic more because you NEVER want to be the first one to be called after being signed in.

The doctors put IV needles into pidge's hand and hooked her up to a heartbeat machine. Colleen was in tears seeing her child struggle Lance was on the phone with everyone calling his friends to keep them up with pidge's condition which was not good because her immune system was very weak since the cancer was spreading from her chest to her blood. They even had to hook her up to an oxygen tank.

Pidge woke up she rubbed her head and sighed. She hated Hospitals it was just plain white no colour anywhere the only sound in the room was the heart beat machine and that was it.

"Hello Pidge the Doctors say you can go home on Tuesday." Lance smiled.

"I understand." She croaked she was tired and hungry. "Can you bring me home school work until I'm able to go to school."