~48.0~

"I wish that I could see her right now and kiss her. Hold her in my arms and thank her for being the rock she has always been for me.  " 

                                                                                                                                   ~Chance

Chance's POV

I helped Taylor into the loft. My hands steadily placed on her back as I escort her into our room and onto our bed. She smiled at me and I smiled at her. 

I watched as she made herself comfortable under our duvet and her little brown hair peaked out from under the fabric. 

I walked over to my side and sat there. 

The news was fresh in both of our mines and to be honest I wasn't sure how we both were taking it. 

I knew for sure, we both didn't expect it. 

Taylor was supposed to be on birth control. So, the fact that she was pregnant was baffling. 

Pregnant.

Taylor was pregnant.

With my kid. 

I looked over at her side of the bed and saw her staring at the door, deep in thought. 

This beautiful girl was pregnant with something that we both produce.

Something we formed in love. 

Her eyes moved over to me and that's when I realized I was staring at her. I smiled. 

"I'm sorry, I just can't believe it" I whispered and she gave me a tight smile and looked down at her stomach as if it was already protruding already.

"It's so surreal, right now" she whispered back.

"We're having a baby," I told her and she looked back at me from her stomach and shake her head. 

"We're having a kid, Ky" her voice wavered and she was about to cry. 

"Taylor" I pushed myself closer to her as she covered her face with her hands and began sobbing. 

"I don't know if I'll be a good mother. There's too much going on" she cried and I shook my head. 

"No, baby. We're fine. We're good" I tried to reassure her, my arms wrapping around her body but she pushed me away.

"You're in a questionable state, my body is in withdrawal and there is just too much stress around me right now". Tears splashed down her face as she jumped out of the bed and span around to me, red face.

"Taylor" I reached out to her but she stepped back. 

"Really Ky? You'll bring a kid into this world with all of what's going on? You'll bring a child--our child into this world?" she screamed. 

"What are you suggesting?" my voice came out low as I came in front of her. "Because if you're thinking of killing or even giving away my child, you are out of your damn mind and need some real ass sleep" 

She stared at me, blinking. 

"Taylor"

"Ky, are you really ready for this?" she asked after I stepped threateningly toward her. 

I grabbed her shoulders, my hands running down to clasp her hands in mines. 

"Taylor, I don't think you realize how much I love you. How much I need you or how much I want you. No, I wasn't expecting this. It's too soon, but I won't say I am not ready for it. I have everything that can help take care of a child and you. I wasn't looking for it, but I always wanted a kid with you. I was hoping to marry you first and my mum may be a bit upset with the lineup, but I can guarantee you that I am not going anywhere. We'll get through this together, baby"