Picture Perfect Plan

After visiting with Grandpa, I instantly got to work on Mission Bucky. I'm going to use the photos to see if it will help jog Bucky's memory.
But before I do anything, I have to find a way to get him alone without HYDRA troops roaming around. But most importantly, I need to talk to Steve and go over everything with him, just to make sure everything sounds good.

So that was my next stop. Steve's apartment. And as I descended the stairs, I couldn't help but grin down at the wonderful photos grandpa had so happily given me. He will really love seeing these. I bet these will be just as good for him as they're for grandpa.

I softly knocked on his door once I made it up, the quietness of the hall actually kind of comforting. About a minute later, Steve answered the door as a little surprised look crossed his face, before that grin of his took over.

"Hey Allie. Come on in." I grinned as he opened his door further to let me in, walking into the living room with him as he softly closed his door, looking around with a smile. You know the whole time I've known Steve, I have never been to his apartment. But then again it's not like we all just have parties or whatever. Gatherings aren't exactly our thing usually.

"Nice place you got Cap." He smiled as a curious look crossed his face, clearly a little worried. I know he's been on edge because of all this.

"Thank you Allie. Is everything alright?" I grinned a little just thinking about it as I sent him a reassuring look. I'm hoping it'll all work out....  I know I sounds easier said then done. And I know that'll inevitably be the case. But it's worth the risk.

"I wanted to run something by you actually. Something I'm hoping will help us.." He gestured for us to sit down as he grinned at me, his Cap face on. Steve is always ready to listen, even when he's going through something. It's unbelievable.

"Okay. Fire away." So i told him everything. From start to finish, hoping the whole time that this would be the key to saving Bucky somehow. I know it won't fully work for his memory right off the bat. But it's certainly a start. Steve shook his head in disbelief at my words, seeming to consider them.

"You want to use the photos to bring back Bucky's memories....?" I smiled, nodding my head as I remained confident in myself. I feel like this could really help us. Sure, it may have its flaws and something could happen later on down the road. But at least for now, we'd have a piece of Bucky. And that's a start.

"Yes. Now i know it's not going to bring them back right away. But I'm hoping it will jog a little of it at least. Even just a little memory would mean we're making progress." Steve smiled warmly, a hint of sadness in his eyes as he stared at me with an unknown look. Steve is so used to being the one to save people. And the one to help. So I can see this has really taken him by surprised. But Steve is my friend. And Bucky I hope will be....

"Why are you doing this Allie...?" I softly smiled, feeling sad myself as I thought of all the pain everyone has gone through. And all because of HYDRA. They took away a man from his family and friends. A man that did so much good. Only to ruin him....

"My grandpa always told me what a hero Bucky was.  And how he was such a good friend. Because of Hydra, he lost the life he had always known. I just... I just want to bring him back to it. I of course know that it won't be the same since he is in a whole other time. But he should be able to live the life he deserve's to live. Free. And i also know, that you miss him so much. And Steve, it kills me seeing you so sad." A tear slid from Steve's eye, making a tear fall from mine, slowly going down my cheek as I looked down at the photos, seeing them all so happy, a carefree moment for them. If life could only be that way again.