Virginity

Author's Note: This chapter contains sexual content.

The two girls laid side by side on their bed, simply being together. Riley had been trying to figure out how to bring something up for days, and she decided the best way to approach it was to just go for it. She knew it would bring up negative feelings for Maya, but it was her hope that her idea would help the blonde move on with the weight she had been carrying for months now.

Riley turned on her side and released the question she had been trying to find the courage to ask, "What did you do with those girls, Maya?"

Maya shifted until she was no longer laying down next to her fiancé. Rather she was sitting on the edge of the bed, her back to Riley. She lowered her eyes to stare at her feet, "You know what I did."

"Not really," Riley admitted. "You never want to talk about it."

She turned her head towards the wall of their bedroom, "Because I'm ashamed. It should have been you, and I messed it all up."

"First off," Riley placed her fingers under Maya's chin to urge the blonde to meet her gaze, "you didn't mess up anything. We're here aren't we?" Maya nodded in response. "And second, I think I have a solution to your regrets if you'd humor me by answering my question."

The blonde exhaled in defeat, "I've done more with you, but I lost my virginity in a dirty bathroom to a drug dealer, Riles. That's worth some regrets."

Riley pressed on, "But how did you lose your virginity?"

"Do we have to do this?"

"Please?"

Maya took a moment before finally getting the words out, "I used my mouth on - ," tears began to stream down her face.

"Shh," Riley tried to sooth her. "It's okay. It was only mouths?"

The blonde turned into her fiancé to bury her face into her chest, "Yes."

Riley gently stroked through Maya's hair, "Do you know that technically you need to have intercourse to lose your virginity?"

The question caused Maya's attention to perk, "Huh?"

"Peaches," Riley urged her head up to see into Maya's blue eyes, "you are still a virgin. We both are."

Maya laughed a little at Riley's observation, "I think it works a little differently for lesbians than it does for straight people." She lifted her arm to wipe the fallen tears from her face.

"I went shopping today and bought us something," Riley started to explain, confusing Maya at the sudden change of subject matter.

"Riles, you don't need to buy me things to cheer me up. I'm the one who fucked up."

The brunette smiled and leaned in to kiss the blonde in front of her. Maya forgot all about the awful memories that had been brought up as she lost herself in Riley's kiss. They enjoyed the taste of each other's lips for several minutes before Riley excused herself to the other room to Maya's disappointment.

Less than a minute passed before Riley returned to the bedroom, black shopping bag in hand. "Like I said I went shopping today and bought something for us," she repeated as she gently threw the bag to Maya.

She looked into the bag Riley tossed at her and was shocked at the contents. Maya's eyes grew wide as she pulled out the box within, "Are you aware you bought a strap-on?"

Riley grinned wickedly at her in response, "Mmmhmm. They said that would be the best one for the first time."

"You asked someone about this?"