Inside The Author's Head

For The Mafia's Son has come to an end and now is the time that I open up to you my experience of writing this book.

Asked below are certain questions that will give you an insight on what went on in my head while, I wrote this book.

Hope you enjoy and get inspired.

Q1- How did this story come into picture?

A- I remember vacationing with my maternal grandmother. We were watching a movie late at night. Well, that movie had a part in which an underworld Don, forces his son's love interest to get married to his son. And BAM! came the idea.😁

It was a pretty stupid movie though, I am never gonna tell you the name so don't ask.

Q2- Why did you choose this particular setting for the book?

A- As my book involved a mafia family, I had to make sure that I chose a place which had a lot of drug activities. Upon researching, I found out that Detroit is one of the places in USA that has a high number of local gangs and mafia. So, I chose Detroit as the main locale for my story.

Q3- What motivated you to write?

A- My first book didn't do as great as I wanted it to, and when the idea of For The Mafia's Son sprang in my head, I decided to make it a success. So, I wrote, I wrote without worrying about views and votes and the book worked.

Then your comments, posts made me feel much better about my writing and you guys became the source of my motivation. Earlier, I used to write for myself, then I wanted to write for you.

Q4- Who was the first character that came to your mind?

A- Adrian. I chose his name a lot later but the character had already taken form in my head as I came up with story.

Q5- Who according to you deserved to be mentioned more in this book?

A- I think Sylvia deserved more part that she got. She was the main character's best friend and I feel I couldn't just bring out their relationship properly.

Q6- Which is your favourite scene/chapter of For The Mafia's Son?

A- The part in which Adrian writes on the mirror while Janet is showering.

I don't know why but that is my favourite part.

What about you all?

Q7- What kind of stories are your signature style?

A- Teen fiction and Romance is what I like to write. Humor comes naturally to me. (JK😁)

Q8- If you could meet any character from the book, who'd you like to meet?

A- Dante Mauricio. He is THE man. My interaction with Adrian or Alejandro wouldn't be that smooth. I am a bitch and they are downright assholes. Bad combo. So, Dante.

Q9- Why do you think this book deserves to be read?

A- The storyline. The story and the characters are very different than what we read in normal teen fiction. Plus, I feel For The Mafia's Son has a realistic appeal.

Q10- If you got a chance to remove one character from the book, who would you remove?

A- Tony. His character doesn't have much significance in the story. If I remove him, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

These are purely my views, I do not attribute them to others.

(So many people are going to hate me after this.)

Q11- What kind of scenes do you like writing the most?

A- The fights between the male and female character. I love them!

Q12- Do you read your own books?

A- All the time! I am sucker for my stories.

Q13- What about Dante's story?

A- I have the starting planned, the end isn't in my head yet. But I swear to god, his story will have you shook.😃

Lots of love,
Isha