Chapter 2: New friends

~The car stops~

I took my bags and we went inside the house with Mrs. Soo. So many feelings were passing through my head. I felt like a newborn deer who is just trying to walk.

And Mrs. Soo gently waves her hand in front of me. "Are you dreaming Jin Sook?"

"Oh... Not really, I was wondering about the great chance that I have to be here now...", she nicely smiled and said, "I understand, you know we are glad to have you as our new tenant."

"I see, thanks, Mrs. Soo." And suddenly she asked, "Oh Jin Sook, from the beginning I really want to ask you this question... I was surprised when I heard your name for the first time because your name is a Korean name and not an Indian or an American name..."

I kindly answered to her, "Oh this... In fact, my father's mother is Korean so they named me Jin Sook which means 'pure truth' or 'pure jewel'."

"Oh, I see. Really interesting. Okay then you can leave your shoes here and I will show you your room."

I agreed, took off my shoes and followed her.

My eyes widened. The room was pretty spacious. Mrs. Soo who saw my surprised face tells me, "Don't worry Jin Sook~a, the cost of the room is the same.", while laughing.  (the "a" here is an affection mark)

I sighed of relief, "Oh, really Mrs. Soo I was scared for a second."

"I know my dear.", she smiled and handed me a little purple box.

"Hum... What is it Mrs. Soo?", she replied, "It's just a little welcome gift for you."

"Aww, thank you so much Mrs. Soo, by the way, I was about to forget to give this."

I opened my luggage and search for the little gift bag that my mother has prepared for Mrs. Soo's family. "Here it is. It's a little gift to thank you for giving me a place to stay."

"Oh, really. Thank you, dear, you are adorable. Okay then put your bags in the room, take a shower and take some rest. My daughter will come back soon." I nodded and went inside the room. My bedroom was on the second floor between Mrs. Soo's daughter's room and their little library. The walls of the room were grey and white. There was a double bed, two little brown shelves, a wooden desk and a wardrobe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a shower and changed myself into comfortable clothes. Suddenly the doorbell rings. I went downstairs. It was probably Mrs. Soo's daughter. She introduced herself, "Annyeonghaseyo I'm Kim Soo In. I'm 17 years old. By the way, I'm glad to meet. I was so excited to meet you!"

I said a little bit shy, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Choi Jin Sook, glad to meet you too Soo In. I'm 22."

"Oh, your name is not Indian?" She asked a little bit surprised.

"Oh that. It's because my grandma is Korean, she named me. And it's my mom who is Indian."

"Oh, I see... Okay then come with me Unnie, I will show you my room." I followed her.

In my opinion, Soo In was a beautiful young girl she makes me think of the word 'Gashina' in Korean 'gashina' can means a lot of things but here it means a 'beautiful woman', her open and bright personality is very pleasant.

Taking me out of my little thoughts she said, "So here's my room, my school stuff, my wardrobe and my... POSTERS! The thing is that I just love K-POP!" I was just amazed by the number of posters on her wall.

"Really, me too. What a great surprise." We laughed, she showed her whole album collection and her posters, and we started to talk about K-Pop and some random things for about one hour and a half. We also exchanged our phones numbers.