Scarred Tissue

Muffled sounds filter through, a ♡ monitor beeping behind me and plastic scuffing against the ceramic.

I wonder what the scar'll look like,,,

A soft breeze flutters over my chest, fabric following with it.

Gah, gooseflesh,,

A wet sponge touches at my collarbone, dragging between my boobs and stopping just below them. Another wave of goosebumps crawls down my stomach, wincing at the stickiness. The doctors don't seem to notice.

Holy fuck, that stings,,,what the heck is that?

I try to move my mouth, wanting to voice how fucking cold it is. My vocal cords and tongue remain still. 

Wait what,,,?

I try the same with my arms, the muscles remaining relaxed and lifeless.

Wait, I can still hear you. I can feel that,

My ♡ spikes in rhythm but the monitor remains steady.

Guys, wait, the medicine didn't work, I can hear you, I can feel you!

I scream at my tendons to move, to contract to do anything and that's when I realize:

The drugs paralysed me. I can't tell them,

The cold feeling in my arteries increases tenfold, burning cold paths into my skin. I wonder briefly whether they see the clouds of breath fogging the air, from the cold under my skin.

"Alright, open her nice and wide for me, John."

Stop it,,,,

My stomach lurches, the breathing tube down my esophagus burning with bile.

Stop it!

A metal scraping rings to my left.

No,

A sharp pain presses against the bottom of my neck, hugging my skin as the seconds tick by.

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, NO, NO, NO, NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

"Lets begin."

♡♡♡