Chapter 17

Jason
1 yr later

It's been a year since i was i lost my mate, my wolf and my pack. I was so consumed with anger that i ran unable to face my family and friends that i have known growing up.
The first 3 months i spent as rogue barely surviving without my wolf, as my energy was almost depleted i was recruited by a set of hunters attacking a pack near by so decided to join the hunters in annihilating shifters.

Yeah I know that i used to be one but i was so wrapped in what i lost that i didn't care i just wanted them to pay for stripping my title. I've helped destroy 4 packs in total since i became a hunter.

It helps that i was also a former Alpha so the information was useful
I lost everything and it was time they knew what it felt like.

So right now I'm crouched on a branch of a fairly tall tree with all the other hunters surrounding a packs territory.

I looked down and saw one of the patrol wolves right under the tree where i was perched.
I took a dagger and threw it at him causing it to lodge into his skill. He dropped with a slight thud.

We're moving in came the static voice of my commander through my ear piece.
I never understood why we couldn't hear them with our good hearing but who cares.

We moved from tree to tree in extreme silence. 

Within minutes we were in full attack mode and the pack grounds was a battle field littered with bodies from both wolves and hunters.

A huge wolf tackled me to the ground that reminded me of my father. The wolf started bitting and snarling at me before it came to an complete stand still looking into my eyes and i knew then and there that this wolf  was indeed my father.
Not caring about anything but getting from under him i pulled out a silver dagger from my thigh pocket i stabbed him in his side and then threw him off of me. As he hit the ground with a thud he shifted back to his human form, he laid there blood spewing from his wound.

As i walked up to him he was struggling to stand with blood coming from the side of his mouth and a grimace on his face.

"Hello father" i said with a sickening smirk.
"Yo-you aren't m-my son, H-he died a-a year ago" he said spitting blood from his mouth. His voice was filled with pain.

Having finally reached him i grabbed the back of his neck and brought his ear to my mouth

"good to know" i said as i brought the dagger piercing his heart. I heard a scream and figured it was my mother feeling the bond break. 

I looked around and saw the hunters were finishing up and a teary eyed mother running towards my fathers body.

"YOU MONSTER LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!" she screamed hugging my fathers body to hers and rocking.
"Nice to see you too mother" i spat

she looked up as realization and hatred in her eyes "YOU ARE NOT MY SON, YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO OUR FAMILIES NAME!!" she yelled at me with tears streaming down her face.

Had i said that i felt no regret or pain it would be a lie. Turning my back from my mother as if that would stop the pain i began to walk away.

I hadn't gotten far before i heard my mothers deathly screams fill the air. I turned and saw my mother slumped over my fathers body with an arrow in her back.

Time to move out came the static voice of my commander over the ear piece once again.

We all found a tree and headed back to base, the guilt now weighing over my body of what i had just done.

As we reached back at base i was called immediately to the commanders office.

I knocked lightly on the door and heard a disgruntled come in.

"You called commander" i said standing front of his desk.
"i want to know what was that on the battle field" he ask leaning back in his chair pinning me with his stare.

"Those were my parents sir" i stared right back at him, face void of emotions.

"Well you should have dealt with it quicker, or are you having second thoughts"
"I know sir and i apologize and no i am not having second thoughts" i said.

"Good, you have become an asset and i would hate to kill you causing us to lose the upper hand"he said like it was the most obvious thing.

I knew i was nothing more than a pawn in a grand scheme. After that i was dismissed.

I headed downstairs and into the room in which i stayed, i took a long hot showering letting the tears run its course water before i put on briefs and went to bed allowing the dark and numbness to swallow me up.