I'm Not Alone Any More

PART ONE
NEW ELITES

I get dressed rather quickly. The bruises on my body sting as I peel off my work out clothes, my body still sweaty as I pull on my "super suit". I've only worn this one once before. I have one I keep at the school that's more casual, but this? This is my X-Men suit.

It's a dark red, a form-fitting body-suit with long sleeves and black gloves that go over the top of it. There's a huge, golden X on the front of the suit, with golden accents down the legs and up the sides of my ribs. When I choose this color scheme and design, Scott turned pale, while Rachel, my older sister, nervously laughed, her green eyes that look so much like mine (eyes my Dad can look into) unable to meet mine. They both left the room abruptly, and I thought I could hear sobbing through the thin walls.

Emma told me I looked like my Mom.

I leave my room quickly, my black boots clicking on the tiled floor. I meet Rogue as she walks out of her own room, an excited, but cautious, a smile on her face, her big hair pulled into a bun on the top of her head, her unruly bangs escaping and curling against her forehead. "Hiya, Squirt," she drawls, walking beside me, her arms brushing mine. She's not scared to touch me, my powers negate hers, and she's one of the only people here who touch me voluntarily. "Are yah excited to go find this new mutant?"

"You bet," I reply, a soft smile on my face as we walk up to the X-Jet. We freeze in our tracks as we see Logan standing by the plane, a surly look on his face as he talks to my Dad. Dad seems to be clenching his fists, Emma placing a calming hand on his shoulder, but eventually relaxes and relents. He's letting Logan come with us to find the new mutant. I can hear it. He doesn't want to, of course, that's to be expected as he kinda hates Logan. I think it's because he and my Mom were close. Rogue told me they almost got together when my Mom and my Dad were taking a break. I wish Logan was my dad.

I skip up to Logan as my Dad and Emma board the ship, Magento seemingly staying home. "Hey, Logan," I breathe, a big smile spreading across my face. "Are you coming with us to find this new mutant? Aren't you too old?" I tease.

Logan relaxes, leaning against the side of the plane, his brown eyes bright. "Haha, very funny kid," he says dryly. "You do know that I have control over your training schedule, right?"

I blanch, and I hear Rogue chuckle behind me. I turn to see her standing a few feet behind us, her arms crossed, her eyes gentle and soft. "Logan," she greets quietly, walking up and standing by me. "I-it's good to see yah."

I can hear the turmoil and feeling of betrayal in Logan's brain. When the schism happened, and you either choose between Utopia and the Jean Grey School, Rogue chose Utopia. From what I can gather from Logan's thoughts, he was heartbroken and felt betrayed by the actions by some he considered a daughter. She means well, I whisper in his mind. If you can't forgive her, just, please, don't make a scene, okay?

I can hear him grumble in his head, but feel him relent. Fine, he replies gruffly. Just to make your life a little easier, kid. I can hear the unspoken meaning in his words. Anything for you, kid. Anything for Jeanie's daughter.

"Rogue," he finally replies, crossing his arms. "Takin' care of our little bird here?"

She nods, her bun of unruly hair bobbing. "You betcha'," she replies, taking note of his stiff position, her shoulders deflating slightly like a forgotten birthday balloon. "Just like you did for me, Logan."