One Triumphant Red-Head and Four Broken Egos

PART ONE

THE NEW ELITES

I held back a chuckle as I see my four Lights walk out of the boy's locker room in the Jean Grey School, obvious discomfort on their faces. I lean against the wall opposite, my golden red hair in two buns on the top of my head, my body squeezed into my actual super suit, my eyes slowly appraising their fit forms. 

Kota looks the most uncomfortable, his arms crossed over his chest, looking down at his toes. The green accents of his black X-Men suit suit his pale coloring, showing off his broad shoulders. Victor stands next to him, leaning on one leg, the only discomfort I can see in him. He opted for white-ish silver accents on his suit, the white of the neckline standing out against his caramel skin.

My other two boys, on the other hand, look near comical. Their tall forms, broad shoulders and bulging thighs stretch the black latex near its limits. Nathan has is hands resting loosely in front of his body, in some sort of incognito way to hide his manhood, but I don't need my telepathy to tell me so- the tomato red blush on his face that matches his suit tells the whole story. Silas, on the other hand, looks extremely comfortable, his shoulders relaxed as he flashes me a blinding white smile. The blue accented 'X' on his chest is nearly distorted, and the smile on my face appears on its own accord.

"Well, don't you look like the car who just ate the canary," Nathan comments, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I peel my body off the wall, my hips swinging as I make my way over, my smile growing. "Don't you all look like a fine snack," I purr, winking at them.

Silas lets out a loud laugh, while Kota's ears turn a scarlet red. "Short praise coming from you, aggle mou," Silas replies, his eyes appraising me just as I did. "When do we get a fancy suit like yours?" he asks, his eyes trailing down the golden 'X' on my chest, down the golden strips on my legs, back up the scarlet fabric to my green eyes. 

"Once you prove yourself," I reply mysteriously, and Victor rolls his eyes.

"She means once she has her fun making us look like jackasses," Victor translates, and I giggle, winking at him.

"Come on, they're waiting in the Danger Room," I say over shoulder, walking down the hallway towards the heavily armoured silver door that waited for us at the end.

"They?" Nathan echoed, jogging to catch up with me.

"Danger Room?" Kota parrots behind me, his voice squeaking with me.

I ignore their questions and make my way towards the door, punching in a code that I memorized the day I got here. The door creaks open, and the occupants grow silent. "Uncle Kurt!" I squeal, running across the linoleum floor, and throwing myself into his arms. The blue-furred mutant lets out a breath of air, but he catches me.

"Oh, hello, mein kleines feuer," Kurt says, his arms going around me and giving me a tight hug. "Did you miss me?"

"Of course I did!" I reply, swatting him on a furry arm. The man next to him lets out a noise, and I turn, giving him a smile in greeting. "Hi Uncle Remy."

"'Hi Uncle Remy'?" he puffs, crossing his arms and glaring at me with his red-velvet eyes. "That's all ol' Remy gets from his favorite niece?"

I roll my eyes and Kurt lets out a chuckle, his tail wrapping reassuringly around my waist. "I saw you a few weeks ago, you big oaf," I tease. Kurt and Remy had become my surrogate uncles since the day my Dad rescued me from the hell-hole that was my previous life. Before the Schism that happened a year ago, they had been two people I saw on a daily basis, teaching me how to do use my powers and theirs. When we hadn't been training, our days were filled with impromptu trips to New Orleans, tours of my new home, San Francisco, photo albums full of pictures from their glory days, and dog days at the beach with Rogue and Kitty. And then the Schism split up my happy family and nothing was ever the same.