6

I will never call you my brother, you are my sister.

These words pierced me hard. I remember running straight to my room and pushing over my art easle, nearly throwing it across the room. I know I shouldn't have let this hit me so hard, but I couldn't help it. That night, I made a call. A very important call to one of my closest friends, Cat. (The in-life person did not give me permission to use their real name, so I've replaced her name with cat)
The next day, I pretended everything was okay. I "hung out" with my sister. And then, Cat showed up, and I left my sister at her girlfriend's house, and went back to my house with Cat and another friend of ours, I'll call her Jay. We walked back to my house, grabbed our bags, and left my trailer park. We crossed the interstate, and passed over a river, and a few creeks, and fields. When we got to the wooded area, I began to carry the girls' bags, and mine, because they were getting tired. After a few more miles, we were almost out if town, but the girls were tired, and honestly, I was too. So, we found a spot a few meters into the woods, and sat down for a moment. By now, their parents had noticed they were gone, since they'd been gone since around 9:00am that day.
We heard sirens nearing, and like the smart kids we were, we crouched in the grass. Apparently, someone had seen us walking with our bags, thought it suspicious, and called the police.

But first, came Cat's father. He saw her because of her giant, pooey hair, and dragged her screaming out of the woods. I tried to stop him, but Jay pulled me down. The cops came, and Jay and I ran into the woods. She was caught first, but I continued running, like the dumbass I was. I had a machete on me, so u pulled it out to knock branches and weeds out of my way. I got a good ways into the woods before I was finally caught, and dragged out of the woods, kicking and screaming.

I remember screaming, "I can't go back there, I can't! It's TORTURE!"

The policeman sat me down by the road, sobbing, and said into his intercom, "There is another female with them." At this, I stood up, looked at th e officer in the eyes, and said harshly, "Don't call me that"

          -Conner