7. rick grimes

Alexandria was something that felt new, yet was actually normal. At this point in your life, you hadn't had a glimpse of what life used to be like in a long time. But now you weren't getting only a glimpse, you were living in it.

Deanna had welcomed your group with open arms, while even though you were grateful, you were still a bit skeptical. You didn't know these people. So far all signs have pointed out that they seemed like decent people, but last time that happened... well, Terminus was a wreck anyways.

You rarely spoke to strangers, so when you had to leave Rick's side to be interviewed by Deanna for some sort of video, you became quite anxious. Deanna noticed you recklessness and aloud Rick to sit in during the conversation with you. You said almost nothing, instead whispering to Rick and having him answer for you. You never felt the need to speak to strangers unless absolutely necessary, and if you trusted them of course. You weren't sure how to feel about the Monroe's yet.

Spencer had eyed you down the first time he saw you, which made Rick especially tense, and Aidan had a weird vibe about him, one which made you uneasy.

Once the final interview was done, your group was led to a rather large house, one which you were informed that you would be living in. You held Rick's hand as you made your way to your bedroom. It was weird, being a sort of domestic couple. It was almost uncomfortable.

A day after getting settled in, you were lying on you and Rick's shared bed, reading a book which you had found lying around the house. Deanna had planned a dinner party for the group, which you weren't too keen on attending, but Rick didn't want to leave you alone. Rick had gotten in the shower about forty-five minutes ago, something which you had enjoyed earlier down the hall.

You listened as the water shut off, signaling that Rick was done in the bathroom. You took a few minutes to finish up the chapter of your book, but at the sound of the door creaking, you tilted your head up to see Rick.

His hair was combed and he had shaved his beard completely. You hadn't seen Rick like this since god knows when. It brought a smile to your face, seeing how content he was. For once he wasn't worrying about finding a place for the group to sleep or getting food for everybody. It was quite simply, him. You knew, however, that this part of him would most certainly not be around forever, so you decided to savor every moment you had with this part of him, the part that you knew before the apocalypse.

"You like it?" Rick's voice echoed through your ears, bringing you from your thoughts.

"I love it. Haven't seen you like this since," you stopped yourself, not wanting to bring up possible memories of people who had been lost, "nevermind. But yeah, I love it. Don't get too cocky, though." you beamed.

Rick swerved over to where you were sat, and took a seat beside you. Your face flushed lightly, something which happened whenever he was somewhat 'close' to you. You were very shy, which could be both intimidating and adorable. You fumbled with the pages of your book between your fingers, until Rick grabbed one of your hands and placed it on his cheek.

It was small gestures that you two shared, that showed how much you truly loved each other. Whether it was watching Judith, hanging out with Carl, or just kisses, Rick loved all of these gestures. In the beginning of your relationship, it took sometime for Rick to get used to your timidness when it came to affection. He had known you for so long, but not like that.

Now, your relationship couldn't be better. He supported you, and you supported him.

"Do we really have to go to Deanna's dinner party?" you whispered, breaking the silence.

Rick's ocean eyes glanced up at yours, which were currently focused on the movement of your thumb tracing his jawline.

"I guess," he started with a tint of playfulness, "we could stay back and just spend some time together. It's been awhile since we've had time alone."

You nodded in agreement. So it was settled.

"I think I could get the TV to work in here, then we could watch an old movie." you rejoiced.

Rick flashed a grin, pecking your lips gently. It was a warm feeling, yet it sent a shiver down your spine. Rick made you feel strong, and right now, you felt like a lady- which was something that you hadn't got to relish in awhile.

The two of you conversed while setting up the TV, and even though you failed the first few times, you finally got it to work. You both enjoyed spending a lovely evening together, a 'night in' as the two of you would've called it before.

You realized something, that spending these 'nights in' was something you missed, and were happy to get back. With Rick especially, it was a great feeling, and you wouldn't trade it for anything.

A simplistic yet lovely, night-in was enough to help you clear your mind.

933 words
sorry it's so short- i am staying in a hotel and have very bad connection. more to come that will be better and longer, but for now i hope you enjoyed this one. also, thanks for all the support. much love!
:)