14. rick grimes

He messed up

He messed up.
He knew he did. From the moment the words slipped between his lips, he knew. But he wouldn't let it take over him, he wouldn't apologize or try to make it up to you.

He said those words, and he meant them.
"I loved you."

He was confused, and so were you. Everything had been going just fine between the two of you, and suddenly he didn't love you anymore. After that night, the night he tore your heart out and walked all over it, you tried to move on.

You tried to stay silent during the nights when you cried, you tried to forget him. You couldn't. You knew yourself better than that. For you, he was it. There would never be anyone after him, not for you. Friends would comfort you, which you brushed off.

You didn't want there comfort about a relationship. That's something that would be welcomed before, but nowadays compassion only deemed necessary after great loss, which everyone had experienced their share of.

You watched as he so quickly moved on, finding interest in Jessie. You weren't mad at her. You weren't mad at Rick. You were mad at yourself. You were mad at yourself for ever believing that he was your one and only, and you were his. For thinking that he thought highly of you. Well, he had proved you wrong.

Days went by, weeks and you had eventually grown to understand that this wasn't your fault at all. Close friends of yours such as Tara and Glenn were constantly by your side, drilling into your skull that you were enough, and that if he couldn't see that, then he was missing out.

It took sometime to repair the damage he had done, and deep down you knew that you would never recover, but that didn't mean that you had to appear that way. Around Glenn and Tara you were comfortable, but around others, your walls went straight up.You never had shown that what he had done had hurt you, he didn't get to see that.

You went on as usual, doing everything you could to avoid Rick. At first it was hard, but then it was agonizing. You truly had no clue what had gone wrong. When the day of one of Deanna's dinner parties arrived, you refused to attend. But of course, Glenn and Tara felt it would be good for you to interact with others. Rosita helped you pick out what to wear, Maggie and Glenn tried to figure out what to do with your hair, while Tara sat and cracked jokes to help you feel better. Tara mentioned the fact that Maggie, Glenn, and Rosita were like your glamour gurus, which of course had you laughing hysterically at the image of Glenn working in a beauty boutique.

The small group of friends set off to Deanna's, talking the whole way there. You were so incredibly thankful to have such great friends. When you arrived at the party, you almost backed out. But Maggie's reassuring hand on your shoulder reminded you that you could do anything.

Glenn took Maggie's coat, then yours, Rosita's and Tara's, and hung them up on the coat rack. Glenn took Maggie's hand in his and pulled her over to the food, a giggle escaping between her pink lips. Rosita made her way over to Abraham, an unsure look resting on his features.