Chapter 10

Hansol's POV
I tried getting through the dorm to my room, without making a sound and I did.

But still, Seungkwan must have super hearing, because he woke up as soon as the door closed to our room.

"Tsk. Poor Hansol. She's such a nice girl. Before you know it, I will take her away from you." He sighs from his bed.

"What are you talking about now?" I ask, while taking my clothes off, leaving only my boxers on and getting into bed.

"I'm talking about (Y/N). She's so amazing. She helps Soonyoung choreograph, she helps Jisoo compose, she even cleans up after us. There's nothing she can't do. She's literally the 14th member of Seventeen." He twists his body to face me. "And it's so obvious, she likes you. And it's so obvious, that you like her. You two, are like two lovers in a drama, that deal with many hardships but work them out together and in the end... you two become a cute couple."

It's my turn to twist myself, so I'm facing away from him and he scoffs. "Fine then. Forget it. But Christmas is near and you need to figure out, what to get her." I roll my eyes.

"I know."

---

The next day.
"Ah, yes. Her name is (Y/F/N). He's most likely her emergency contact. But, I still need to call him, to get to her." I explain to the CEO, he was the only one I could go to, to ask for help.

He always talks about how he found his one true love, his wife.

So I thought maybe he would help me with this.

So now, I'm currently sitting on my bed, sitting against the headboard, on the phone, with a pen and paper.

I had to make up an excuse, on why I couldn't practice today, she obviously didn't buy it, but let it go anyway.

"Hansol? Hansol? I found it..."

"Oh, really? You found his number! Okay, please tell me the number... yes... yes...yes. Done!? Thank you so much!"

"Don't worry, just continue to work hard for the company, okay?"

"Yes, sir! Bye!"

"Okay, bye." We hang up, and I go crazy with joy. I finally have his number.

"Hey! Hansol, be quiet, yeah? I can hear you all the way from my room." Says Mingyu.

Why isn't he practicing?

Eh, whatever.

"Sorry." I reply in a whisper. Once Mingyu closes the door. I silently splay my arms everywhere happily. "Okay. Stop. Time to call him." I calm myself down. Grab my phone and dial his number.

He takes a while to answer but when he does, his voice is very deep, and husky, very intimidating.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hello. My name is Hansol Vernon Choi and I'm a friend of your daughter, (Y/N)-"

"(Y/N)!? Are you serious? Who are you? Where is she? Is she okay? How is she?"

"Calm down, (Y/N)'s dad. She's doing really great. She's now a manager of a very famous group. She's grown into a very mature woman." I reassure him, before we continue talking again. He takes a long breath.

"Okay, Hansol. How old are you?" His voice suddenly becomes serious and again, intimidating.

"19, turning 20, (Y/N)'s dad... I mean m-ma'am, I mean s-sir."

"How do you know my daughter?"

"She's my manager. I'm one of the singers, I mean rappers she manages, sir."

"Where are you from?"

"W-well, I was born in the United States but moved here-"

"I didn't ask for your life story, next question. Why have you called me at 7 in the morning? I doubt it's just to talk about my daughter." Wow. He's very straightforward.

"Well, sir. It seems that Christmas is near-"

"It seems so." I gulp.

"And I was hoping I could get in touch with your daughter's mom? I wanted to bring her family down as a christmas present for your daughter... sir." It's quiet until he howls of laughter. "Sir?"

"Wow~! Your one, good kid. Look here. I'll send her mom's number, make my daughter happy, okay? I'm hanging up now, goodbye, Hansol." That went smoother than expected... kind of.

Not long after he hung up, (Y/N)'s mom's number was sent with a text saying;

- Here's the number. Try and explain everything to her thoroughly, her mom's not much of a listener. That's where (Y/N) got it from. Anyway, look after her until I visit. Take care, Hansol. -

He's such a cool dad.

Anyway, back to the mom. I dial her number, now. And she straight away answers.

"Hello?" Her voice is quiet but I can tell, its sounds a lot like (Y/N)'s voice.

"Hello, ma'am. My name is Hansol Vernon Choi and I'm a friend of your daughter, (Y/N). And I was hoping you'd do me a favor, ma'am." I ask, in the most polite way.

As I go to continue, I hear sobbing on the other line. "(Y/N)'s mom. Are you okay? Do you want me to call another time?"

"No! Don't, please. I'm sorry. I just... I haven't... seen my baby in a long time." She calms her breathing and begins again. "I'll do anything for my baby's friend." I grin wildly.

"Well, as you know. Christmas is nearing. And I need your help."