Chapter 7

The anticipation of what the night had to offer, brought an uncontrollable coil of nervousness within Suzanne's stomach. She knew she should not feel like she was going on her first date, when it definitely wasn't. Hell, she shouldn't even consider it a date, yet the strange giddy sensation was still there.

Kate and Allison, sat on the couch in the living room and observed Suzanne as she paced the floor. "You didn't tell us who you are going out with," Kate pointed out.

"Just a persistent guy," Suzanne fretted, as she tried to avoid telling her friends she was going out with the infamous Lenard Valentin.

"I am sure the guy who has you pacing the floor has a name," Allison pressed.

"Anne?" Kate inquired suspiciously.

"Its Valentin," Suzanne gave in, not finding the strength to keep the truth away from her friends.

"Valentin? You mean Lenard Valentin?" Allison asked, incredulously and leaped off the couch.

"The very same one," Suzanne replied.

"You reject a nice guy like Thomas to go out with a manwhore!" Allie bit out.

"I think cutting Thomas off is better than leading him on any day!" Suzanne retorted.

"I would go out with Lenard too if I were Anne. He's dinner deserving and so much more," Kate almost swooned.

"What is wrong with you?" Allison asked them both in disbelief.

"Nothing. We just know when to appreciate sexy masculinity when its deserved," Kate directed at Allison. "What are you going to wear, Anne?" Kate asked Suzanne in an attempt to swerve away from the possibility of an argument.

"Exactly what I have on now," Suzanne answered and gestured to the aqua off the shoulder top she wore with a pair of black jeans. "There is nothing special about going out to dinner. I already told him I wasn't interested."

"Then I wonder why you are still going out with him?" Allison murmured and Kate's flicker of excitement vanished as quickly as it came.

What felt like an eternity, but was only moments later, three knocks sounded on the door of the apartment. Suzanne walked towards it and opened to find an eye-candy on the other side. Lenard Valentin was extremely attractive, she had to admit. His outfit added to his already powerful male aura. Dark jeans, blue dress shirt, rolled up to his strong forearms and black dessert boots. His tousled hair complimented his attire.

"Ready to go?" he asked in an equally alluring voice.

Suzanne averted her eyes from his. "Yes, give me a minute."

She collected her purse and bid her friends goodbye, then she left the apartment and followed Lenard out to his car. After a brief period of driving, Lenard pulled up in the parking lot of an elegant looking restaurant. The building stood two stories tall. Painted in a rich maroon colour and trimmed with gold. Light flooded through the windows, bathing the outside in a shimmering hue.

Suzanne stared admiringly at the breathtaking scenery before her without speaking.

"I would prefer if you looked at me like that instead," Lenard said.