Chapter 3

Sunlight reflected against the surface of a Black Toyota Avalon and the vehicle sparkled. The owner of it, Lenard Valentin, crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the stunning frame. A new school year was the perfect time for him to begin his hunt. One almost every female in the university was familiar with, yet they still fell shamelessly at his feet. 

He looked at the other students, as many of them hurried to get themselves organised. He didn't have to worry about rushing about on those days. Some perks of having billionaire parents, he just had to be present for his classes, focus on his game and work along with his father occasionally.

He lived in a penthouse not far from the campus and had the large space to himself, unless Leanna or Antonio decided to stop by. That happened a little too frequent for his liking, but there was nothing he could do to prevent either of them from visiting so often. After all they were his sister and his best friend.

The very same best friend he was scheduled to meet at the same spot he was standing over half an hour ago, yet he saw no sign of him. He could never understand how his friend managed to arrive late wherever he had to be almost every time. That had to take some special talent.

Lenard decided to entertain himself as usual, while he waited patiently for Antonio's arrival. He turned his attention to the girls who filed into the university's compound. There was hardly any senior girl which passed him that he couldn't remember not having some sort of relationship with over the last few years.

The newcomers eyed him with unconcealed appreciation when they passed by. There was nothing strange about that, he had quite an effect on women wherever he went. Tall, tanned, mesmerizing eyes, a well built body and a charm he was told no one could resist - Lenard Valentin was every girl's fantasy man come to life. His position as captain of the school's basketball team the and fact that he was the heir to his parents company, doubled the attention he received from the female population.

Despite the large number of women he went out with, Lenard Valentin had never been in a serious relationship. He got his way with women without much effort. One look of interest and a simple compliment, and they succumbed to his advances and landed in his bed soon enough.

Clueless of his already arrogant thoughts, a brazen brunette sauntered over to where he was. "Lenard, babe you look lonely. Do you want company? I promise I will be good," she purred next to his ears, then she boldly placed her hand on his bicep and squeezed.

Lenard turned his head to look at the owner of the too desperate voice and already clingy hand. Dressed in a blue jean dress which stopped mid thigh and a fancy strap heel sandal, the tall made up brunette before him looked cute enough. He couldn't remember what her name was, but he knew he'd had a fling with her sometime in his sophomore year. He certainly wasn't interested in that again.

Antonio decided to grace them with his presence then. "Len, man, sorry I'm late. I had a flat, then I got stuck in traffic. You know how it is," he tried to reason.

Lenard raised a brow at his friend. "Yes, I do, because you used that same excuse more than one before. I don't buy it anyway, you are always late."

Antonio shrugged carelessly. "It was worth a shot. Are you ready to go?"

Lenard took the hint and turned to the girl who still stood there openly checking him out, wishing she was human super glue. "No thanks, Cindy," he said, in the most apologetic tone he could muster.

"Its Christia!" The brunette shouted, then huffed, threw her hair over her shoulder and stomped away.

Antonio snickered. "You should have just told her you don't do seconds."

Lenard ignored his friend's remark. "Did you carry the designs in? What did Brooks have to say about them?"

Antonio grinned proudly. "He told me they were good, then gave me a few ideas I could work on later."

"I told you they were," Lenard reminded.

"Thanks, man. Let's head to the lunch room. I could use some food," Antonio said.

"And a new girl," Lenard added.

"A new girl? What happened between you and Ashley?" Antonio asked incredulously, then he shook his head. "Don't answer that question. I would never understand how you change women so often."

"You can't? I would never understand how you survive being with the same person for two years, so we're even," Lenard shot back.

Antonio chose not to reply to the Lenard's comment, he started off towards the lunch room and Lenard followed. They meandered their way through the crowd of students and headed to one of the large tables where a few members of the basketball team sat.

"Len, Toni, its good to see you two suckers again," Ryan, one of their teammates greeted when he caught sight of them.

"Len, when is this year's tournament starting?" Luke, another teammate asked, without preamble.

"Coach told me mid next month," Lenard responded. "We need to start our regular practice sessions soon. That championship will remain ours this year," he pronounced. The players nodded their heads in agreement and began to discuss the previous year's tournament. Lenard mentally blotted out their conversation after sometime and stared at the door waiting for his next target to walk in - and she did.

The bright floral print dress caught his attention then, the same way it did earlier that day, as Suzanne made her entrance into the room with her friend next to her. He wanted to know why he had never dated her before. She was a senior like him and definitely a looker, he concluded when he finished running his gaze over her figure.

The way she stared at him earlier, plus that coy smile she'd given him had to mean something, she was interested in him. He didn't realize he was smiling like an idiot until everyone at the table turned to look at him strangely.

"Len, what is wrong with you?" Antonio inquired. "You got an odd look on your face."

"Nothing," he answered inattentively, as his eyes pursued Suzanne.

Antonio followed Lenard's line of sight and when his gaze landed on Suzanne as well, then realization dawned on him. "No, don't even think about it, Len! That is Drew Davidson's sister. She isn't into the same thing as the girls you go out with."

"Haven't they ever told you that forbidden fruits are the sweetest?" Lenard asked his friend.

"Forbidden fruits my ass. Her brother will break every bone in your body if you go within a hundred meters of her. You can only imagine what will happen to you if you hurt her in anyway," Antonio warned.

Lenard just grinned at his friend's statement and kept staring at the brown haired beauty. "Whoever said good things come easily? It will be worth it."

He didn't wait for another comment or objection from his friend. He got up from his seat and started in the direction of his soon to be girlfriend, he was that confident.

Even if the relationship lasted one night, or a week - Lenard Valentin always got what he wanted and he wanted Suzanne Davidson.