Chapter 2

While the loud rumble of engines and the sweet sound of laughter dominated the vicinity of the university's campus, no one noticed the intruder. A young man with dangerous intent. He had a terrible history with the law and his mere presence was threatening.

He sat in a reclined position, in an heavily tinted black SUV, parked in the university's parking lot. The vehicle was well concealed in the mass of many others on such a busy day, it was almost impossible to recognise it.

Clad in a dark t-shirt, black jeans and shades over his eyes, he looked as murky and sinister as his thoughts. Revenge was his main aim, a thick veil of darkness clouding his mind. He was so blinded by it.

There was a time though, when that dark face was a source of light for many. A time when that cunning mind used its intelligence to help others and a time when his presence, which screamed danger now, was filled with security.

Oh, what a time that was. So long ago it seemed.

He made himself more comfortable in the position he was in and his eyes traced every move she made. What he did to her only a little over a month ago was pernicious, yet he had failed to break her.

Maybe things happened for the best and there was a good reason why she was still alive. A sickening wry smile crept on to his face at the thought and he reached up to retrieve one of his best companion - a bottle of beer.

He popped the cork, then tilted the glass container slightly to take a swig and hummed in delight, when the bitter liquid burned its way down his throat.

He continued his unrelenting stare on her, as she headed towards a very familiar apartment complex.

Revenge on them would indeed be sweet. Anymore attempts he made on the girl's life would affect them all and he was itching to get started with the fun activities he had planned.

There were so many things he had in mind to do. Another chance to strike again, but he wouldn't do anything to her yet. He would assess every idea he had carefully until he found the best way to attack. An attack that would surely be detrimental to them all.

He leaned the bottle to take another large gulp. In time, he would get everything he wanted in time.