Chapter 8

Pain, that is all she should feel. Someone had to take the responsibility for what happened to him and he had chosen her. She was quite an intriguing individual and he was proud of his choice.

He opened all the windows of the SUV when he was some distance away from the restaurant, turned up the music playing in the vehicle louder than it already was and increased the pressure of his feet on the accelerator.

God, he loved the speed!

He glanced at the speedometer cable 140mph, not enough. He pressed his foot even harder.

He enjoyed the thrill of overtaking the other vehicles, the loud swooshing sound he heard when he passed them. Life was a fast lane and he liked the front row seat to it.

The combination of the speed and the music was good. All he needed was another beer and it would be heaven on earth for him.

He missed his father.

Now he understood why the old man could never go a day without blasting music in their apartment and finishing nothing less than half a case of beer. It felt so good and it numbed the intense pain he was bound to feel if he was sober.

As much as he liked all of those things, what topped his day was the expression on her face. He loved the way her nose had crunched up in confusion and how her forehead had creased with concentration and frustration, when she couldn't remember who he was. Ah, he thought what he had done was golden.

The only part of the encounter which was unexpected was her companion; the guy she was out with. How he had wanted to rip him apart, just for being present, but even hough her companion had said nothing to him, he knew the guy was ready to step in and defend her if he tried to do anything over the extreme.

Not that he would for now.

Possessing her mind was the gateway to achieving what he wanted and her expression had showed him, he was right on track. He truly hoped the guy was a one time deal because if he was always around her, his mission would become more difficult.

He knew one day she would remember who he was and he relished in the feeling that when she did, she would wish she could forget him again.

It would be too late then.

It always is when a temporary itch becomes a permanent sore. Those harsh flashes will become a full blown horror film in her mind and he would be there to watch her endure pain until she couldn't take more. Payback was going to be sweet for him indeed.

Teach Me To LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara