Waking up?

EDITED: 12.29.21

Kagome quickly got on his back and leaned against him as he began to run. About twenty-five minutes later, he found a cave that was to his liking. As he walked into the cave, he realized the miko had passed out already. Sesshomaru then wrapped his tail around her and placed her down gently in the centre of the cave. He walked to the entrance after gently unwrapping his tail from around her and stared up at the moon. 

'Why has she never feared this Sesshomaru, even those times when this one has attempted to kill the half-breed and she got in this one's way of doing so, she did nothing but stand her ground, fearlessly...' Sesshomaru thought as images of Kagome glaring and yelling at him while hugging his brother in a defensive manner began running through his mind. 'Why'd she ask to come with me? She could've gone with her other friends...' Sesshomaru's thoughts continued like this, till he looked at her sleeping form. 

Kagome was shivering and almost immediately after noticing Sesshomaru walked over to her and lifted her left arm. Her fingers were cold to the touch. 'Cover her!' Growled his beast. 'This Sesshomaru will do no such a thing!' He growled back, as he lifted her onto his lap. Kagome was now laying against his chest. Meir moments later, she began adjusting her body to a more comfortable position. She was practically snuggling against Sesshomaru's chest at this point. If she'd been anyone else, he'd have killed her, sleeping or not. 

He slowly wrapped his arms around her torso and slowly began to drift to sleep as he got a whiff of her intoxicating scent. Kagome woke up the next morning to the chirping of birds. Finally noticing she was sleeping in Sesshomaru's arms. She blushed as she tried to get out of his arms. But the more she tried to get out of his arms, the more his grip tightened around her. She eventually gave up and passed out again. Sesshomaru woke up just in time to see The Miko close her eyes and begin to sleep again, but didn't realize she tried to get out of his arms just before then. 

'D... does she trust this Sesshomaru?' He asked himself as he placed her back on the ground, only, this time, he covered her with his moko-moko as he got his armour back on. After Sesshomaru's armour was on once again, he sat at the entrance of the cave. After waiting a few hours for Kagome to wake up, he finally spoke. "Miko, wake up or risk being left behind..." He said as he grabbed his moko-moko and began to leave the cave. "WAIT FOR ME!" She shouted as she scrambled out of the cave. 

As she stood next to him, she began to speak, "So, where are we going Lord Sesshomaru?" "This Sesshomaru is going to get Ah-Un and the imp," Sesshomaru said, looking straight ahead of himself, as he began to think to himself. 'Why does she saying my title displease me, so?' he thought, growling a bit. 'Because she is mate. Mate will never be forced to call us "lord".' His beast told him. 'She is not our mate!' He growled. 

Kagome heard him growl, but as she looked up into his eyes, they were still his normal colour, so she thought nothing of it and ignored his growls for the time being. "Where are they?" She asked, continuing their conversation. "They're in a small village that's on the west's borders," he replied with a blank face. "Why?" Kagome asked, surprised they weren't at his castle. "They were getting Rin's birthday gifts..." Sesshomaru replied as they came near the village. 

'Oh, crap I forgot... Rin's birthday is in two days and I have nothing to give her.' She thought with a worried expression. "Something bothering you, Miko?" he asked noticing her expression. "No... um... Lord Sesshomaru, would you mind If I do some shopping while we're here?" Kagome asked, hoping he would allow her to. "Hn" Sesshomaru replied nodding his head slightly but had a feeling of displeasure as she kept saying 'Lord'. She smiled as they walked to the edge of the village. 

"Welcome back Mi' Lord!!" screeched the little green imp as soon as he saw his lord and bowed to the ground, almost immediately. "What is Inuyasha's wench doing here?!" Jaken said pointing to Kagome. "I'm here cause Inuyasha no longer needs me. Oh and just so you know ahead of time, you're gonna regret calling me 'wench'." She said just before walking over to one of the village shops. 'I wonder what she plans to do to the imp..' Sesshomaru thought, smirking slightly. 

He didn't follow her, but he did keep her in his sight. "Mi Lord, why do you allow such an inferior being to travel with you?" the imp asked. "Hm," He said, his hand on his chin, making Jaken think he was truly thinking about it. "Your right... Why do I allow 'you' to travel with me." He said, glaring at Jaken as he walked towards a tree and sat on one of its limbs. "Why is she taking so damn long?" the imp asked after waiting silently for thirty minutes. Kagome was done shopping and was walking back towards them when she heard Jaken. 

"Ya' know you sound just like Inuyasha." She said bluntly as she walked next to Sesshomaru, who had just got off the tree branch. Kagome smirked toward Jaken, thinking about the items in her bag that she bought. "Why are you smirking at me, wench?" Jaken asked. "First off, my name is not wench it's Kagome! Got it? KA-GO-ME!!" She yelled at him. She noticed Sesshomaru smirk but ignored it. "Second, don't worry about why." She said, trying to keep her smirk from resurfacing. 

"This Sesshomaru is leaving you both behind," Sesshomaru said as he began walking away. Kagome looked towards him as she heard him. "I'm coming, Sessh- er... um... Lord Sesshomaru!" Kagome said as she caught up with him, hearing Jaken cry for the demon lord. "DON'T LEAVE ME MI-LORD!!!" he screeched. Ah-Un followed behind him.