Ch.5~Him and His Surprise!

'If the Miko is not mate, then why are we giving her our Kimono top?' His beast asked. 'She is not this Sesshomaru's mate.' Sesshomaru internally growled. He then watched as Kagome soon began to cuddle into his kimono-top, then walked back over towards a tree on the opposite side of where the imp and two-headed dragon were sleeping. 'This one merely gave her the kimono so she doesn't succumb to her human sicknesses in this one's presence.' 'Uh-huh uh-huh, keep telling yourself that' Snickered his beast.

Sesshomaru leaned against the bottom part of the said tree, he didn't pass out but he did close his eyes. After a few hours, he felt someone cuddle next to his moko-moko. He then opened his eyes to notice the person cuddling into his moko-moko was none other than the miko. He then noticed she didn't have his kimono with her. Looking over to where she first was when the imp had given him the kimono top, he noticed it was still there laying on the ground.

He then looked back over towards the miko next to him and pulled her into his lap and covered her with his moko-moko. "You defiantly are beautiful..." He whispered to himself as he moved a piece of hair out of her face. 'My point is proven..' His beast told him with an internal smirk. 'What point?' Sesshomaru asked his beast. 'She is mate.' his beast answered simply.

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes. 'She is not my mate.' He said annoyed. 'But, this one does intend to court her...' He said with a smirk on his face. Sesshomaru then closed his eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

~Time skip~

They had finally made it to the village where Sesshomaru had left Rin.

*I think I should clarify on this, Sesshomaru is walking at his usual speed in front of the group, while A-un is directly behind him carrying a sleeping Kagome, and Jaken is just beside the dragon.*

Before they entered the village Sesshomaru spoke to the Imp. "Jaken," He started. "Y-yes, m-mi' Lord!" Jaken screeched as he bowed at his lord's feet. "You will give these gifts to Rin, and then bring her here to receive the last of her gifts." The western Lord spoke, tossing three gifts at his servant. As the imp caught the last of the gifts given to him, he made a sprint for the village to go find the now young teen.

As he left Kagome stirred awake only to see the imp waddle away into the village. "Hm? Where is he going in such a hurry?" She asked sleepily, which caused Sesshomaru to chuckle slightly.

*Something he only will only do when it's just the two of them*

"The imp is going to retrieve my ward." He said as he walked over towards the miko, who was now attempting to get off the dragon and keep her skirt from flying up. She, however, failed and as she was about to fall Sesshoumaru gracefully caught her. As she felt two strong arms catch her, she looked up and smiled nervously with a blush creeping its way to both cheeks. "Thanks..." Kagome said nervously as he let her down. Pushing her nervousness away she spoke again after making sure her skirt was fixed.

"So, what did you get her?" "Various things, in which you will see shortly.." Sesshomaru simply answered. All was silent for a few moments, till the Taiyokai's expert ears heard two familiar voices headed their way and he spoke in a demanding tone. "Miko, hide behind A-un and do not move from there till this one tells you to, quickly." At first, she was about to ask him why, but when he turned around and looked into her eyes, they said 'it's a surprise'

*Don't ask me how lol*

She sighed but obliged to his demand and walked behind the dragon to hide. As soon as Kagome was hidden, she heard two sets of feet running in the direction of where Sesshomaru was, one was lighter than the other and far slower. She also heard them speak. "Lord Sesshomaru, I've missed you!" Spoke a childish female voice she thought she recognized as Rin. 'Why am I hiding from Rin?' She thought as she sat there with her arms crossed.

Then she just barely heard another voice grumble and tell her to be respectful of their Lord. "Oh, Lord Sesshomaru Rin almost forgot to thank you for this beautiful kimono outfit for me!" Rin said with a toothy grin on her face.

1st gift: A red Japanese umbrella

2nd gift: Some sandals and socks

and 3rd gift: A black kimono with sakura design

~~~

Sesshomaru finally spoke after she thanked him. "This Sesshomaru is pleased to hear you like the gifts I have given to you, but I have 6 more I'd like to see unwrapped myself and maybe a surprise later." He spoke with a small smirk on his face as he said 'surprise'. He then handed her a red box and she opened it with a smile.

1 st gift: Filled with candy.

He then handed her the rest one by one till there were no more boxes. After opening the last of her gifts and getting excited about it, she looked up to her lord. "Where is the surprise?" Rin asked impatiently. "Close your eyes." He spoke chuckling at her impatience. As she closed her eyes he began to walk over towards Kagome.

"Do not open them till this one tells you to do so." He spoke to the young girl, who did not speak but instead nodded her head with her eyes shut tightly. Kagome looked up at him in confusion as to what he had behind the dragon that was a 'surprise'. When he reached his clawed hand out for her to grab, she looked very confused but took his hand without a word. And as if he had read her mind, he whispered and answered her question. "You are my 'surprise' my ward adores you and as of yet still assumes you to be with my younger, idiotic half-brother...so to her you would make this day the best for her." He whispered with a small smile.

***

AN: Any tips on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated since I have no idea right now... :(