[3] - She Has A Friend?

The picture above of Mrs. Peters is from a friend who reads the story. Thank you so much for the picture!

-=+=-

Sam's POV

--=+=--

The rising sun is just about to hit my cold features as my alarm awakes me.

Another day means I'm still alive.

While I shake off whatever feeling I had, I put on my glasses. I normally wear contacts in the house but I'm just feeling too lazy today to do anything.

I put on my usual big-sized outfit. My parents absolutely detest my clothing choices, but when I told them it was to not attract anyone's attention they agreed, saying, "If that is the reason then it is fine. You do not need any distractions."

They know that I'm actually very attractive so they don't bother arguing. They don't know that I actually do it to avoid a different type of harassment at school.

I am positive that the parents I have never went to school. They were definitely homeschooled and that's why they think it's easy.

They were probably also forced to marry and that's why they don't have any feelings.

When did I get so pessimistic about everything? Oh right, when school started.

The world seemed to tick by as I continued to get ready.

Put my hair in a lazy and lopsided bun.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Grabbed my bag and shoes.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Down the stairs to the kitchen.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Ate some cereal. Checked the time.

Tick. Tick...

The feeling of an intimidating presence drew me out of my trance. I turned and looked up to see my father standing there.

To say the least, I was confused and irritated. He should be at his office right now, and with Mother. Is she here too?

"Hello." Wow. He speaks so kindly.

"Hello, Father. Why are you still here?" I didn't want to sound like I was aggravated, but my words may have come across as just that.

"I had extra paperwork that was sent in," he glanced at me and my outfit. "Do you need new clothes? You wore those pants yesterday."

Internally, I was smacking myself repeatedly to prevent anything rude from dripping out of my sarcastic mouth. "I have multiple pairs of the same kind. No need to fret, Father."

"Very well. I wouldn't want people to think that you are a slob," he looked at my outfit again and I saw his frown inch down further.

He's very pleasant to be around. The real life of the party.

I scoffed and finished my bowl of cereal, along with drinking the milk.

The day had just begun and I'm in a worse mood than I normally am at the end of the day.

This will not be a good day.

I was out the door already and locked it before I was tempted to just stay at home.