-Run-

Y/N's pov:

we moved from the house this morning and we were right at the edge of a town with really tall buildings, it worried me that it didn't look as run down as normal.

"it'll be fine" I looked at Lauren and smiled at her, she smiled back, I knew I still creeped out the others but all I care about is her.

"I hope we'll get to dance around more" I said.

we spilt up, setting a meeting point in front of one of the tall buildings.... honestly they were only max five floors high so they weren't like skyscrapers.

I found nothing while looking around but huge problems, I ran towards the meeting point with a hoard of dead after me.... shit these were relatively new deads, they could still run and direct themselves.

"Lauren! in the building!" I yelled and someone said the exact same thing.... Kai who had the same problem as me.

everyone sprinted in the building and pushed a table against the door but the dead had enough motor skills left the break the windows with rocks.

"up the stairs go go go!" Red urged.

something grabbed my bag and I shook it off, looking back, my eyes widened.... not because a dead was the one to grab me.... but because they had pulled out multiple grenades attached together and got the pin off one while I pulled my bag away from them, if one goes off the others will too!!!!

"RUN!" I barked, kicking the dead down in the wave of other deads that were pooling inside.

I just turned the corner when the first explosion went off, soon followed by the others as we still climbed the floors.

"what was that?!" Madison yelled when we stopped on the second floor for a breather.

"a few grenades I had and that the dead accidentally set off while gripping on my bag" I said as we all felt the building shake.

"oh ho, up to the roof now!" I barked.

"what's going on?!" Ally asked, more worried than with the dead.

"the blasts must have hit a central pillar and the building will collapse!"

we made it to the roof as the left part started to crumble to the ground in big pieces, the next houses roof was a story lower and quite far.

"we'll never make it!" Dave worried as we stumbled because of another movement of the house, it will not hold up for long!

Red walked backwards before running, stepping on the ledge and leaping over with a roll.

"come on!" he yelled, ready to catch the next, we hesitated for a little while before the house shook again and Dave tried, almost missing the roof but Red grabbed him and pulled him on the roof, Ally made it easily with her little weight, Kai and Madison went right one after another as a huge piece, more than half of the house, collapsed in on itself and a big cloud of dust, the piece on which Lauren and I stood becoming really unstable.

"I can't jump that far!" Lauren said.

"I'll help" I crouched down and lased my fingers together, she got what I wanted.

she backed away and stumbled as the house shook before running and stepping on my hands as I pushed up with all my strength to send her higher.

I smiled when she was caught by the others and looked down, instantly losing my smile.... shit this is high; I've been in high places before but never to jump.