-Two revelations-

Lauren's pov:

we got stuck on the roof for two days until the dead hoard dispersed enough for us to leave.

"Y/N come on" I said gently as she brushed her H/C hair out of her eyes.... more like eye because she never takes the bandanna off anymore.

"come on come on" she sped up and walked next to me while I furred my eyebrows with narrowed eyes, she seemed much less energetic as the days went on, I guess dealing with mental issues is tiring when you don't take long pauses to get your strength back.

we were walking passed fields when Y/N just suddenly sprawled out on the ground, immobile.

I dropped my AK and ran over, turning her on her back as Red ran over.

"Y/N.... Y/N get up" I gently slapped her but it didn't help.

"hmmm.... plate skin.... fatigue.... sweating.... shaking.... rapid heartbeat" Red listed off what he could find wrong as the others stood around s, occasionally shooting down a stray dead.

I held her against me, not knowing what was going on.

"you were with her most of the time, what did she eat?"

"euh.... mostly crackers, dried meat and other conserved stuff like us"

"then it must be a low blood sugar problem, the symptoms are pointing to that too"

"what do we do then?"

"anything from a granola bars, fresh or dried fruit, fruit juice, pretzels or cookies, something with sugar.... glucose tablets from a drug store?"

"but we don't have anything of sugary"

"I'll carry her, we need to move or we'll attract more dead, next town or house we need to find something" Red took her from me.

I didn't protest even if I wanted because I knew he was right.

half an hour later we came up on a house that was surrounded in barbed wire and saw movement inside it, this could be our help!

"why don't we just leave her here and go on our way?" Dave said, he never liked her.

"you're out of you mind" Red said.

"sorry.... you know me, I'm a jerk when tired" Dave said

"oh god you are other survivors, fast come in before night falls" she said and we followed.

"we're grateful for the help but do you have any sugary thing?" Red asked.

"me and my husband have been growing plants that were never put outside so the virus never touched then, we can make orange juice from them"

"please?" I kinda pleaded.

I was sitting on the couch with Y/N head on my lap, Red said should be fine now that we got some sugar in her.

I smiled big when I saw her open her eye and looked up at me.

"hello there"

"what.... what happened?"

"you fainted from low blood sugar but we got you fruit juice to drink so you're alright, you won't risk to die right now"

"it's not true"

"what?" she stood up.

"I said it's not true, I will not dance with death for long"

"don't tell me you want to kill yourself!"