X

Merry Christmas, everyone! ❤️ (Happy Holidays to those who celebrate something other than Christmas :))
I hope you guys have good holidays!
And also, thank you for all the recent love on this story<3 I'm having some writers block, so all the votes and comments is really motivating.

During the time that the King had Jeongguk outside, Taehyung sat on his bed inside alone. His bedroom window was facing the royal gardens, and as a result he could see the two men very clearly.

It's not that he was trying to spy on them, he didn't intent on eavesdropping when he went to his room. He only wanted to get ready for bed and relax.
But he couldn't help but get curious when he heard the faint voices grow angrier...

So the brunette boy stalked over to the window and pulled back the heavy curtain to see outside. Taehyung watched with curious eyes as the two stepped closer until Jeongguk stepped down. He couldn't understand what they were saying but from the looks of it, it wasn't anything pleasant.

There wasn't anything he could do, though. That was unfortunate.

Taehyung didn't want Jeongguk to hate him. In fact he went in to this hoping to maybe make a friend, but that had backfired almost instantly. Jeongguk seemed convinced everyone was out to get him but that simply wasn't the case... although Taehyung couldn't blame him considering his parents didn't seem concerned with anything more than Royal duties.

Taehyung closed the curtain and sat on his bed, trying to think up a way to perhaps show to Jeongguk that he wasn't against him.
For starters he could apologize for being a complete asshole the other day... but then what? Jeongguk wouldn't totally forgive him.

What was something that would get Jeongguk in a good mood?

Taehyung thought endlessly, restlessly pacing the bedroom until he got an idea.

The Lanterns.
He'd have to meet with those friends of Jeongguk to work something out, though. Sometime before Wednesday.

The next morning, Taehyung and Jeonnguk day in the throne room by themselves.
Well, Jeongguk sat. Taehyung was standing, refusing to sit in the thrones that Jeongguk had lazily slumped into.

"So why are we here again?" Jeongguk yawned, still not entirely awake. Though it was already past 10 am, he hadn't slept well the night before and as a result was incredibly tired.

"Throne etiquette." Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "So first things first. Sit up straight."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes, but because he lacked the energy to argue he did as told.

"Good. King's traditionally wear their crowns when sitting at the throne, and those crowns are quite heavy. You'll need to work on posture." Taehyung hummed and paced the room. "Now say I'm a merchant who comes to the palace wishing to speak with you on the matter of the Kingdom's economy."

"Merchant?" Jeongguk snorted. "No one uses that term here, that's like, super outdated."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Not entirely true, Jeongguk but fine. Since this is your Kingdom— shop owner. Better?"

Jeongguk simply hummed in response, nodding his head ever so slightly.

"So a shop owner comes to the palace and wishes to speak with you about the current economy. Do you allow them in?" Taehyung asks.

Jeongguk shrugged. "Sure. I don't see why not."

Taehyung smiles, nods, and walks up to the foot of the throne. He gets down on his knees and bows respectfully, as anyone meeting with the King was expected to do per old tradition.