XVI

ah hi thank you so much for 4K reads!!! This story has been pretty popular in my notifs lately, thank you !! <3 

Taehyung stood outside the palace gate with the King and Queen, about to leave for the dinner. It was 4:57, and they were going to leave at 5:00. Taehyung looked down  The only person they were waiting on was, surprise surprise, Jeongguk. 

"You look very handsome this evening, Prince Taehyung." The Queen smiled, gazing at the gold patterened coat he was wearing. Taehyung smiled sweetly.
"Thank you very much, Queen Jeon." He bowed. "You look lovely, yourself."

The Queen chuckled lightly. "I sure hope so. It's been a while since we've gone to someone else's palace for dinner."

"Where is that damn boy

"Where is that damn boy." The King interrupted the two's pleasant conversation with grit his teeth, his face beginning to redden in anger. 

"Calm down, dear. I'm sure he just lost track of time." The Queen awkwardly tried to ease her husbands frustration, but it clearly wasn't working. The King made a move to storm back inside but before he could, Jeongguk appeared, a painfully fake smile plastered across his face and his hair neatly combed to either side. He wore a velvety black coat, with a white shirt underneath that had frilled sleeves. 

Taehyung wanted to ask what happened to the outfit they had picked out a week prior but held his tongue as he figured it would give the King another reason to be irritated at Jeongguk

The Queen smiled uncomfortably, wondering how to ease the tension between the two boys that now stood in front of each other. 

"There he is, dear. Now come on, we don't want to be late." She tugged on her husbands arm, then led him to the horse-drawn carriage. 

Jeongguk stared at the carriage and rolled his tongue against the inside of his cheek. It had been a long time since the whole family had traveled by carriage, and they usually only did it when his parents were trying to impress someone. In this case, the Kim's. 

Not to mention his parents were very, very traditional... Jeongguk didn't exactly mind, though. He somewhat enjoyed the charm of a traditional royal carriage every now and then.