Ten

"Okay," Tina turned around and addressed Newt, Jacob and I, "before we go in, I'm not supposed to have men on the premises. So you two have to stay down, Eve could just stand behind them or something to help hide them."

We stood in front of Tina's flat building behind a truck. We quickly crossed the street and entered the building. Walking quickly but quietly, we sneaked up the steps when we heard a woman's voice.

"Is that you, Tina?!"

Newt shushed Jacob.

"Yes Mrs. Esposito!" Tina called back.

"Are you alone?" The landlady, I assumed, asked.

"Always alone, Mrs. Esposito." I made eye contact with Tina before looking away awkwardly. With that, we continued until we reached Tina's door.

Tina's apartment was clean and tidy. Some clothes floated in front of the fireplace, drying. A flatiron worked on its own, ironing a silk dress in the kitchen. I smelt the scent of food wafting from the kitchen and closed my eyes.

"Teenie." I heard a silky voice say. "You brought company."

I turned towards the kitchen to see a beautiful blonde woman in a revealing silk dress leaning on the wall.

"This is my sister." Tina introduced, placing her hat on the coat hanger. The blonde grinned and stared at her company.

"Wanna put something on, Queenie?" Tina asked.

"Oh, sure." She replied before slipping on a robe.

I saw Jacob ogling at her while Newt walked to the window to look outside. I smirked at Jacob and elbowed him softly, but he didn't look away.

"So, who are they?" Queenie asked.

"This is Mr. Scamander and Ms. Garner," Tina replied, "they've committed a serious infraction of the International Statute of Secrecy."

I rolled my eyes.

"They're criminals?" Queenie sounded curious and excited.

"Uh huh." Tina answered, cleaning up around her living room. "And this is Mr. Kowalski, he's a no-maj." Jacob waved, still staring at the blonde.

"A no-maj?" Queenie turned to her sister. "Teens, what are you up to?" I heard her whisper.

"He's sick. It's a long story." Tina replied. "Mr. Scamander has lost something, I am going to help him find it." That caught Newt's attention.

Jacob stumbled backwards and flopped on the couch behind him, overwhelmed by all the magic.

"Oh, you need to sit down, honey, you haven't eaten anything all day!" Queenie walked over to him. "And...oh, that's rough." She stared down at him. "He didn't get the money he needed for the bakery. You bake, honey?"

"Uhhh..." Jacob couldn't find the right words to answer. Queenie just grinned, "I love to cook."

"You're a legilimins," Newt stated.

"Yeah, but I always have trouble with your kind."

"Our kind?" I ask in curiosity.

"Mhm, Brits." Queenie turned to me. "It's the accent." But suddenly, Queenie frowned.

"Except...it's like you have a wall put up. I can't read your mind at all." I felt her digging around in my brain and quickly pushed her out. She took a step back, shocked.

"Y-you know how to read minds?" Jacob stuttered. Queenie reluctantly turned away from me and smiled at the muggle, having small talk with him.

I felt Newt stare at me as I pulled off my coat and hung it on the coat hanger.