Chapter Nine.

A/N: HA HA HA HA HA KMS WHAT EVEN WAS THAT SEASON FINALE I CRIED SO MUCH AH AHAHHA IM NOT EVEN GONNA TALK ABOUT IT

Anyways, well, this is what you've all been waiting for. This is the finale for Unchained Melody! For almost half a year or more I've been writing this in between everything. And yeah, I'm glad it ends good. I will probably upload an epilogue about everyone elses reaction (Sam, Garth, Charlie & Bobby) and there'll be a lot of sweet moments and stuff. I won't spoil anything. I'll tell you a little secret though. This fic was meant to be finished during Christmas. But there was a delay, so you know. Heheh.

I have an AO3 account: CommanderCas <- You can also read it there. 

I will be continuing The Perks of Fanfiction and Hunting. This one's a good one since I don't write it but type it rather.

So, thank you for reading Unchained Melody. It was a blast!

And now, the fic.

-

Dean was very proud to show off that his hands were interlocked with Cas'. He was in a very good mood. He apologized to whoever he might have insulted or hurt in any way. This was unlikely of him, but Cas was very appreciative of Dean's behavior. Everyone that Dean apologized to was pleased to accept his apology and they understood what he felt.

As they got to Bobby, Sam, Garth and Charlie, the four of them couldn't help but giggle. Dean looked at Cas and raised an eyebrow before looking back at the four giggling misfits.

"Okay, don't be mad," said Bobby. "But we made a bet that you two would get together,-"

"And all of us won?" piped Garth who was still holding his nose with frozen peas.

'What?" Dean asked, raising both of his eyebrows. He didn't sound angry but he sounded surprised, rather.

The mention of the bet made Cas' wings flutter in embarrassment. Were he and Dean that oblivious of their feelings towards each other that everyone was actually rooting for them to get together?

"Since when?" Dean asked again, squeezing Cas' hands softly. Cas squeezed them back.

"Since ever! duh!" Charlie snorted and rolled her eyes. "As if you didn't have a clue, Dean. You always lit up whenever Cas was around. Like, ever since he joined our 'squad'."

"It's not a squad," Sam and Dean said in unison.

"Okay," Charlie sighed. "Family business," she corrected with air quotes. "I mean, who wouldn't call a bet on you two sick love birds? Jeez, only a complete idiot would miss your googly eyes and mistake it for platonic 'we're-just-partners-in-crime-and-we-don't-love-each-other' friendship. Oh, please." she scoffed and waved her hand in protest. "I've read fanfiction similar to a situation like this, but not as sappy as your story."

Cas and Dean looked at each other and laughed softly.

"I'm not a sap," Dean announced.

"Quite you are, Dean Winchester." Cas smiled and shook his head.

"Can I at least have a say in this? Can I say something?" Sam cleared his throat for answers.

"Sure thing, Sammy." Dean nodded his head in approval.

"Dean, Cas?"

"Yes, Sam?"

"Can you two just please get a fucking room already?"

All of them laughed at Sam's suggestion. Cas' face was mimicking the color of a prune. He tried to hide it as hard as he could but he couldn't. Instead, he burrowed his face into his hand and stifled a laugh. He felt as though his whole face might fall off from too much tension and he was glad Sam had cracked a joke to let it die down a bit.