Prolouge

Prologue

Alice POV
"Get off of me!" I screamed as I was being dragged by my hair into a another room. "Who are you? Why are you doing this! Where is my brother!?" The roughly six foot scruffy bearded man slapped me across the face, throwing me against the wall. "Shut up! Do you ever shut up?" I coward into the corner holding my cheek. I pulled my torn clothes closer together to try and cover what was indecent to the eye. "Can I at least have some clothes?" I mumbled, as the man walked away, leaving me in a cold dark room alone.

Flashback

"RUN!" I screamed to my younger brother, adrenaline jolting my body forward to grab him and pull him with me. Shadows chased after us, laughing as the our two heartbeats pounded through our chests. "Almost the-!" Before I got the words out, one of the shadows gripped my hair- yanking me backwards towards him. I lunged my little brother forward, "Run! Please!"
"But sissy I-"
"JUST RUN!" I watched as my little brother raced off, disappearing into the darkness. "Damn it, go grab the boy! I can handle her." I squirmed underneath his grip. He pinned me to the ground, his inhuman strength holding me down. "Let me go! Get off!" I jerked my hand free and clawed at the shadow. "Stop. Or else." He warned me. "Then let. Me. Go."
The shadow smirked and slammed his hand down onto my head, knocking me unconscious.

End of Flashback

A worried woman rushed into the dark room, pulling me into her, "Come with me, now please." She took me through a dark hallway before coming into this huge bathroom. "Strip off your clothing, and step into the shower." She then walked out leaving me confused and alone. I pulled off my sticky ripped clothes and tossed them aside. I looked into the huge mirror and couldn't recognize myself. "How long have I been in that room?" I lightly ran my fingers through my matted hair, tiny knots pulling my head back. "Ouch.." I whispered, glancing at the tiny scratches and bruises on my face and body. I definitely lost weight, I could faintly see my ribs.
I stepped into the shower and turned the water to hot. I watched as dirt mixed with dried blood flushed down into the drain. 'Man, how long has it been?' I stepped out and brushed my hair as the lady walked in. "Hurry, I have to get you ready." I looked at her confused but obliged to her commands. If that meant food and showers, I'd be more than happy to listen. "What am I preparing for?" I asked, trying to make eye contact with her. "I'm not allowed to say."

I stepped back and grabbed the razor beside me pointing it to her. I heard her let out a sigh. She pressed a button under her coat and immediately a man came in. "Stay back!" I threatened, but he just smirked in response. Before I could blink he was behind me, hands wrapped in a tight ball in my hair. I let out a scream as he held me by my hair, snatching the blade from me. "Be cooperative." He sighed and tied me to a chair for the woman to get close to me. The woman being prepping my face for.. Makeup? And then blow dried my hair. My hair was a poofy mess so she drug a brush through it, causing me to wince in pain. "What are you?" I finally spoke up.
He chuckled, "I'm a vampire."