Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Amelia's POV

I watched as Adam played on his phone. He ordered a variety of colors for the pets room for us to use. He was always so focused on his work or doing any activity that is was honestly so weird to see him smile and not stress over whatever popped onto his phone. We were laying on the couch in his room before we heard frantic knocking. I immediately jumped from next to him on the couch and he grabbed my arm and told me to relax. He opened the door slightly, "This better be important."

"It is Lord Adam, it's your father. He requires you to answer him immediately." Adam rolled his eyes. "I do not wish to answer his letters. Tell him to... fuck off." I quickly covered my mouth stifling my gasp. 'Adam's father? He's never talked about his family before.' The servant at the door frowned. "Sir. Your father is on the phone with me now." I watched as the little color in Adam's face disappeared completely. "Shit." He reached for the phone, "H-hello? Dad?"

You could hear the screaming from the other end. Adam shut the door in the servants face before pinching the bridge of his nose. "Yes father I received your letters. Yes father I know. Yes father ..."

His conversation went on like that for what felt like hours before Adam choked, "NO father no. I just do not have a date. No father I do not want a date. I do not wish to attend please, I-"

I watched as he looked away from my eyes. "I do not wish to talk about this now. I will call you back shortly." He hung up the phone and tossed it on the bed. Adam looked so stressed out so quickly, he was just smiling moments ago. "Adam? Are you okay?" He glanced over to me before turning his head away again. "Yes. I'm fine. I'm giving you a break today. Go out to the gardens and read this ...." He got up quickly and pushed papers around his desk. He grabbed a small book before handing it to me. I opened it to the first page, "But it's empty? There are only lines."

"Exactly! I want you to write your story. You are the author of this book. Now go." He dismissed me and I went out into the hall. There was a servant waiting to escort me. The servant placed his hand on my lower back as he guided me down the hall. I looked back at Adam's door, sighing. 'What has him so rattled? I hope I can speak to him before dinner later.' I kept looking back at the door until I was bumped into by a young lady. "Watch where you're going filth." I look mortified at her before the servant turned us and pushed my back so I could bow. "Our apologies. We will get out of your hair now." She smirked before squeezing my cheeks to where our eyes met, "Your Adam's new play thing aren't you? You're so pretty.... Pretty pointless...." I felt her eyes scan my body, she was very intimidating but extremely beautiful, her red eyes pierced your soul, not caring if it made you feel small. That was probably her point though, to make me feel small and worthless. "Well, if Adam sent you away then there was probably a reason, carry on. There will be no punishment for you for purposely running into me. You're just lucky you didn't scuff up my shoes." She turned and continued forward stopping in front of Adam's door. The servant grabbed my arm and pulled me to keep moving forward. I stumbled as I kept looking behind me to see what will happen. Adam's door opened and the lady lunged to him and kissed him. My eyes widened and she cut her eyes to the side at me, making me feel even worse. The door closed behind her, and I felt the floor give out from beneath me. 'Who was she? Did Adam have a lover? Will he forget about me? My head felt heavy as the thoughts crossed my mind over and over again.

.....

The walk to the garden felt long and I was finally glad to just be alone. I flipped the blank pages through my fingers, distracting myself from the dread I felt. The pit of my stomach felt heavy, I couldn't understand why I was feeling this way. Is this what jealousy feels like? Why am I so jealous? I looked down at my hands, staring at the pink fleshy color and the light blue color of my veins. I placed my hands on my cheeks, feeling the warmth of my face. Am I so different from him? Because I'm human? I looked back down at the notebook he gave me, opening it to the first page. "My story huh?" I whispered, letting a tear roll down my cheek and onto the paper. I held the pencil in my hand. When on the run we didn't really have school, I grew up in a world of darkness. I kept grabbing the pencil different ways, trying to press it to the paper in the most comfortable way possible. I sighed in frustration, how am I supposed to write what I feel if I do not have a clue how to write?