three

. . .

ryland's pov

ryland's pov

i smiled and was about to invite him in when his phone binged. he pulled it out his jacket pocket, his face falling as he climbed back on the bike, raking a hand through his hair. "i've got to go, maybe another time, somethings come up." he told me, fumbling as he put the key into the ignition.

"shane, is everything ok?" i asked, walking back over to his bike, the front door still open. despite the rain subsiding, the wind was getting stronger and blew shane's hair upwards. he bit his lower lip as he checked his phone once more, before putting it back in his pocket and revving the engine.

"something's come up." he repeated, lines of worry indenting his forehead. before i reached the bike, he pressed into drive and was already half way down the street. i stares down the road as he got smaller and smaller.

i didn't have anything to do tonight and since it was a friday, i decided to order take out and watch some shitty movie on netflix. since christmas break was so soon, i pressed play on nativity and leaned back into the sofa, waiting for the taco bell to arrive. within half an hour, i was crunching on cheesy nachos whilst some random kids danced on the television. i had no homework to do so for the next few hours, i scrolled through social media and watched a couple of youtube videos, before sighing and heading up to bed. things had become so boring lately, and i knew that i just needed some excitement in my life.

the next day, i woke up at around 11am and my mum still wasn't back. i showered and picked out some clothes to wear - black jeans, a grey t-shirt and a white sweater that said 'hype' on it - and wondered what i wanted to do today. i knew joey and daniel were busy, and what with my limited amount of friends, this didn't give me many other options. after making a coffee, i picked my phone up off the night stand and went through all my notifications from over night. one instagram notification caught my eye and i almost spat out my hot drink.

shanedawson: hey

i stared at the message for a few seconds, before replying. why had shane messaged me at 3am?

ryland_adams: hey, shane

shane dawson: took ur time to reply. what you doing rn? apart from thinking about me;)

i knew he was joking but i blushed as i realised i was thinking about him. ever since the english class, i'd thought of him a lot.

ryland_adams: not much. just chilling and not thinking about you, actually. you're so cocky.

shanedawson: ahh i love it when u talk dirty ;)