fifteen

. . .

ryland's pov

ryland's pov

"are you coming round for dinner tonight?" shane asked me as he leaned over my shoulder, his breath fanning on my neck, and read the english notes i was writing.

"of course." i replied and smiled up at him.

we were currently in fourth period english class, beginning to study poetry. mr jefferson had gone out of the room to take a phone call so we were left alone for five minutes, leading to shane wanting to copy my notes. the first poem we were studying was 'storm on the island' and all the words were turning my brain to mush. this time last week, we were walking through the streets of paris, and now i was stuck in a stuffy classroom with an asshole of a teacher.

"how the fuck does bombarded suggest that there is no way out?" shane's eyes narrowed as he scanned my notes, black ink contrasted against the white paper.

"it shows how there's no way to escape from nature's power, much like how there was no way to escape from the irish conflict." i explained, chewing my lip slightly as he grinned, making his dimples appear.

"you're so clever." shane smirked and his hands resting on my shoulders as he pressed a soft, quick kiss onto my lips. everyone was too busy working (and by working, i mean talking) to notice us.

just as shane pulled away, mr jefferson walked back into the classroom and asked everyone to return to their seats. i saw trisha groan loudly as he repeated his request to her, making her jump off drew's lap and sit back in her seat. she stares at drew with soft eyes and just by that look i can tell she's falling for him. i vowed that i'd ask her and find out, because they would genuinely be the cutest couple ever.

after me and shane, of course, i thought as i swivelled round in my seat to look at him. he glanced back at me, turquoise, sea green eyes exaggerated by his long eyelashes. he licked his lower lip slightly before flicking his eyes from my mouth and my jeans. a blush decorated my cheeks as i turned back around to face the whiteboard. meaningless quotes had been written in marker pen, and all i wanted to do was leave this stupid english class room.

the lunch bell finally rang and shane grabbed my hand, tugging me out the door and towards the bleachers. "where are we going?" i asked, giggling as the cold wind hit my cheeks.

shane grinned, and replied, "you'll see." before sticking his tongue out at me. i rolled my eyes in mockery before following him. he lead me to a small shed kinda thing, but looked like a tiny house. he ignored my rambling of questions as he opened the door with a key and pulling me inside of the room. shane locked the door from the inside and turned to face me, a smirk on his face.