Chapter Twenty-Three: That's How It Should Be

Beautifully made graphic by my friend and beta fish, Ly! ♥ Thank you so much for always making me stuff and for putting up with me through edits :) She helped me tremendously when it comes to Collin and even Liam sometimes :D Also, take a listen to the song on the side. It's one of my favorites and it inspired the events of this chapter ♥

Kay! So enough of my babbling! Happy Reading! :) Definitely one my favorite chapters that I have written thus far ♥

P.S. Hope no one kills me after the ending of it! xD

Comment. Vote. Fan! ♥

Chapter Twenty Three: That's How It Should Be

Liam

My eyes traveled across the hall where Anya and Gemma loitered after school, gathering their books for tonight’s homework. It was Wednesday and I could only imagine that they were talking about the dance this weekend. It was virtually what every girl in the building was babbling about.

Normally, I wouldn’t give a damn about plays or school dances. But things had changed. I found myself thinking about scavenging through Dad’s closet for a tux or even going into town and renting one. My interest in attending school functions hadn’t piqued whatsoever. So why did I suddenly have the urge to attend the stupid Winter Formal?

It was one word – or rather it was person, a girl.

Anya.

Just thinking about her made me smile and seeing her a few feet away only made the smile widen. I probably looked like a psychopath, grinning like a jackass.

“You gonna ask your girl to the dance any time soon?”

I rolled my eyes, turning away to face the asshole who was my best mate. He always seemed to appear at the most unnecessary of times. His brows were raised in curiosity and expectancy like he already knew what I was going to say even if it was the opposite of what I wanted to do.

“Not going,” I shrugged.

“You sure about that? Dean’s already got a head start”

I froze, doing a double take at Collin’s face and seeing the arrogant smirk. “Who?”

He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned his shoulder against the metal lockers. “Why don’t you turn around and see for yourself.”

I practically had to stop myself from spinning on my heels to see what the hell Collin was going on about. Pulling a mask over my features I let Collin see that his words didn’t worry me at all. That was easier said than done when I turned around and saw Jason Dean talking casually with the girls. His hands were stuffed in his front pockets, his whole demeanor signaling nervousness. Words were exchanged and Gemma excused herself, nearly skipping to the exit.

That just left Jason and Anya. Alone. It took every bit of my self control to not march over there and haul her away from him. I didn’t like him. I didn’t want her to like him.

Tearing my eyes away from them I turned and shut my locker, shrugging on my book bag and striding towards the exit. Collin didn’t bother to follow me as I walked through the semi-empty parking lot towards my bike.

My teeth ground against each other with such force that it sent a dull ache along my jaw line, like I had been punched in the face. I relaxed my jaw, taking a deep breath to calm down. There wasn’t anything to be worked up about. At least, that’s what I kept telling myself. But it didn’t matter what I told my feeble mind to do. My thoughts kept on drifting back to Anya.