Chapter 4: Old Friends

It's May 14, and we wasted our free two days off because I passed out, something like that. Right now, we are going to meet a friend of Skylar. I was kind of forced to go with her and the reason why, because she said so. She maybe jolly, but you don't know that she can be a terrifying person too.

"I'm so sleepy...." I said and yawned.

"That's because last night you were playing a game, The World Ends With You, right?" she asked.

"Yeah, a bit similar to the game we are playing." I answered.

She kept silent. I say awkward. What happened was after I was hospitalized, she was crying. What I would do was to pat her back, but for some reason I didn't. I was recently released, I mean, really, like half an hour ago. She called out a cab. It's day 6, well, since it's been almost a week and our ranking..... #134. Close enough. We got the cab. Skylar went first, then me. I've noticed also that Sky hasn't been herself lately.

"Where are you youngsters going?" the taxi man asked.

"Legacy Park." she answered.

The taxi man nodded and stepped on the gas. Skylar looked emotionless and gloomy. She was looking out the window, staring at the side mirror.

"Wow, Sky. Looking at the side mirror is an action to do, huh?" I said.

"Uh-huh." he answered.

Wow. Really emotionless. Now, that remember, I bought something. I recall it was when she was sleeping, I went down to look around. I know it was dumb leaving the room, I don't know why I got out, must the call of dumbness. I saw a man selling bracelets, I could tell it was handmade. The sad thing is that the man had nothing, but those bracelets. I approached him.

"Ah! Sir, you want to buy?" he asked. "These are friendship bracelets."

"Friendship bracelets?" I asked back.

"Yes, sir! There was even a rumor that they were two youngsters, not just youngsters, but legends! It was told that they were bestfriends yet one of them didn't make it. The other person, placed the bracelet on the grave of his/ her bestfriend and left it there." he told me.

Then I bought it. The mysterious thing is when I turned around for a second and looked back, the man was gone. He vanished. I looked around and saw a piece of paper.

Thank you very much.

And the rest, you know. I was planinng to give the other one to her but then we arrived at Legacy Park. She immediately got down and paid the driver. I opened the door and got out. She jumping excitedly. At first my reaction was like 'Wow, nice acting. I was worried for nothing.' I'm glad she had the same smile. I approached her.

"Why were you all gloomy awhile ago?" I asked

"I wanted to see how much you changed!" she answered with a laugh.

"What." I said.

"You were worried weren't you?" she asked.

"Uh- No,- not at all!"

I was embarassed and I realized that I really changed. I scratch my head and looked away. Why did I change? She patted my head. I stopped and thought its Day 6 and no mission came. Weird. Well, maybe they forgot. Who cares? Another day off.

"You know Luke, you need to buy new clothes. It's like you wear that blue sweater and the black pants everyday, also your hair cut. Try something new!" she said. "We still have 4 hours, so let's go shopping!~"

"4 hours!?" I shouted.

"C'mon! Time's a wasting!" she replied.

She grabbed me by the hand and dragged me along. Who comes by 4 hours early?! We had to wake up 3 a.m. and damn, we are 4 hours early... Damn it. Our first stop was the Beauty Salon.