Chapter 8: I Never Thought

I tried forgetting her after what she said. My sweat is dripping down. It wasn't easy getting her off my mind. I tried it a dozen times, never did.

I returned from the gym and saw Skylar hanging out with Scott. She was laughing. I slammed the table as I got soda from the refrigerator.

As I overheard them talking, they were saying words, sentences actually.

"You know Skyar, you see the prettiest girl I've ever seen in my entire life."

I saw her blush as Scott said it. I just hate it and I don't like it. I think I am jealous.

"My gosh Luke! You drunk?!" She asked.

"Probably." I answered.

"Luke. Can I talk to you? Please?" Scott asked.

"No. Stay away from me." I answered.

I walked away from both of them. I consulted Lousie about this. It was awkward because she was my former girlfriend and I'm telling her this.

"WHAT? THE? FUCK? YOU LIKE SKYLAR???" She shouted.

"Yeah. Keep your voice low." I said. "So what do I do?"

"I don't know... just focus on your adventure.... not her..." she said.

She walked away sad and I stood there feeling kind of sorry for her. She, I know, still likes me because of that reaction. I should have never told her. I'm such an idiot. I went to a quiet and calm-looking place, it was the beach.

"Luke, I need to talk to you." a voice whispered.

I caught my attention. It asked me to follow the sound and it led me to a cave. It was dark and there I found a small bonfire. I stumbled upon an old woman sitting on a rock with a stick.

"Come closer, son," the old woman said. "I need to discuss to you about the hindrance that you have been encountering."

"Hindrance?" I asked.

"Yes, my young boy. You have fell in love and that's what you all been thinking of." she said.

"Oh. That one. Yes. It has been bothering me." I said.

"I have solution for it. Do you trust me?" the old woman asked.

"I guess.... yes?" I answered.

She nodded her head and walked through the wall. I was flabbergasted. She came back after a few seconds ago.

"Come closer to the fire." she said. The old woman moved her hands as she was controlling the fire. She blew it towards me. And in an instant, I forgot everything about her.

"Exactly on 27 day. I spare you mercy and give you a lesser trial, a trial of forgotfulness."

Sorry guys, won't be updating this any longer. Thanks for reading anyways.