4.Enough

Erik speaks Dutch. A language I've tried to forget and refused to think in, let alone utter in these ten years since I've left Amsterdam.

"The merger is certainly a big deal but I'm sure that under your guidance things will turn out well for the company," I reply to his business concerns in English.

This makes Erik frown.

I shoot a smile at him even though my heart drums incessantly against my ribcage.

"I'll need all hands on deck for this deal and by the end of the month everyone will be overworked, including your Junior Accountants." Dutch words, all of them, and I'm surprised at how my mind keeps up with a language I've been actively ignoring.

"Is this the reason you accepted the CFO position all the way from Amsterdam? Supervising the merger? Or was it something else?" I ask with a lowered gaze, fixed on my laced fingers on the desk.

My knuckles are white since I'm squeezing too hard, so I force my hands to relax, taking in a deep breath.

"Trent, my boy, are you implying that I took this job just to see you?" His amusement makes the question rhetorical and he's still speaking Dutch.

I scoff but my cheeks burn and coat in shame. How can he make me feel this way even after all this time?

Footsteps approach so I raise my head. He strolls around my desk and to the back of my chair.

"Your ego is as big as ever," Erik comments.

Then those cold hands knead my tense shoulders.

"Your body's grown quite a bit too. All bulked up and," his breath falls on my neck as he continues in a whisper, "delicious to look at."

"Erik, this is not appropriate," I sigh the words.

"I wonder what my boy tastes like now?" Erik continues while his hand slides across my chest and to my abdomen only inches away now from-

The cock cage!

I grip his wrist and turn to catch his gaze in mine.

"You're overstepping," I growl.

He smiles down at me, but not with his eyes. Never with his eyes.

"I am and it won't happen again."

I release his wrist and pray that he'll just walk away.

"Not here anyway," he adds and sets a hotel key card on my desk.

The white object stands out against the black wooden surface and I can't help from staring at it.

Erik speaks again and I fail to catch the meaning of his Dutch words so I look up and find him walking toward the door.

"Excuse me?" I ask, this time not in English but in Erik's language.

"I said it's the Lexington Hotel. Be there at eight."

My chest aches and I grip the armrests of my chair, as if I might fall off it at any moment.

"Just like that?" I observe in Dutch.

"Why not? For old times sake. And who knows? Maybe I'll consider a permanent arrangement for us," Erik says softly.

His sideways stare pierces right through me and every one of my pitiful thoughts and desires seem to be his to read and mock.

The door closes behind Erik. I sink deeper into my chair and struggle to swallow the spit that has been pooling in my mouth for some time now.

I picture Erik waiting for me inside his hotel room. Pain brews in my loins as the cock cage prevents an unwanted erection.